Need a little bit of insight...

Phroze

Oklahoma City, Ok
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
I'm about to start installing a turbo kit this weekend and was wondering what purpose these lines serve.

Need to know if i have to tee off this line for my BOV or if i can just feed it directly to the BOV and not have it hooked up to the car at all. I've had it off before and didn't notice anything, so just wondering what it does exactly.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 20140514_161609.jpg
    20140514_161609.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 26
  • 20140514_161616.jpg
    20140514_161616.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 21

Mikeorock

queens, ny
Vehicle Model
civic si
Body Style
coupe
Whats up.. I just installed the prl kit.. That line feed antifreeze to your throttle body.. To keep it cool

Phroze

Oklahoma City, Ok
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
lol yeah it's a vacuum line, but i think it's just to add pressure to the brake system, I just tee'd off of it anyway so harm done

Mikeorock

queens, ny
Vehicle Model
civic si
Body Style
coupe
How's it going so far? I dynoed mine about 2 weeks ago and i got 412 horse power..

Phroze

Oklahoma City, Ok
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
nice, what turbo? how much boost?

Well i reversed the polarity on my battery like a dumbass and blew my main block fuse which i had to order since auto parts stores around here are total garbage. I did manage to jerry rig it so i did get the car on and engine running, everything is looking/sounding perfect, wired in all my gauges and boost controller, now just gotta put the sub frame back in, swap fuel pumps and injectors and tune it.

Mikeorock

queens, ny
Vehicle Model
civic si
Body Style
coupe
Prl stage 2 5862 ball bearing.. Yea i couldnt do the clutch and fly wheel.. Too much .. But i did everything else.. It sounded horrible when i first started it up because the new fuel pump and injectors.. But a quick tune did it right..

Mikeorock

queens, ny
Vehicle Model
civic si
Body Style
coupe
Im having problems with the rpms right now.. It was stalling the other night.. But i think thats because of a puddle i hit.. And i hear i vibration when im going about 50 in 5th.. I think they did a bad job when they installed it..Other then that i love driving it..

Mikeorock

queens, ny
Vehicle Model
civic si
Body Style
coupe
No.. I was surprised.. Im getting a "check emissions" error now though.. I noticed it after i hit a bad bump... Probably a sensor .. I dont know

Phroze

Oklahoma City, Ok
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
yeah i'm getting that as well... i also noticed i blew my audio amp (got one on order) when i reversed the polarity on my battery, but i'm also getting Power Steering errors but it seems to be driving find. I'm driving without passing 2500 rpms because i have to wait on my 4bar sensor to get here before i can throw the injectors in and get it tuned

i'm hoping the power steering didn't get ****** up from the battery thing

Mikeorock

queens, ny
Vehicle Model
civic si
Body Style
coupe
I dont know.. I would think not.. They should have some sort of protection.. What kind of exhaust you have.. I have yhr invidia q300.. Nice low tone .. But when i open it up its loud

Phroze

Oklahoma City, Ok
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
Yeah I'm running the N1... i love the way it sounds and looks. Can't wait for the 4bar sensor to come in, so i can tune this SOB