Need a new strut, OEM or aftermarket?

Nix

Jötunn Moderator
Lew-vul, KY
Body Style
It's A Fast Pig!
Front or rear? Are you currently on springs?

The rear should be a bolt in affair for the Koni yellows unless I'm mistaken. What year car specifically? I don't think there have been any changes to the rear struts that I am aware of.

Front's are a whole can of worms for the Koni setup. If you're on OEM fronts Id stick with it unless you are blowing struts from lowering springs. In that case, depending on budget a set of coil overs might be in order.

JLister

Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
Front. I'm currently on h&r sport lines but the drivers side strut was leaking before I got the springs put on. I'm going to be trading this car in next June so would it be smarter to go OEM?

Nix

Jötunn Moderator
Lew-vul, KY
Body Style
It's A Fast Pig!
oh, yea, if you're trading in stick with the OEM stuff.

JonnyRotten

Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
coupe
Front or rear? Are you currently on springs?

The rear should be a bolt in affair for the Koni yellows unless I'm mistaken. What year car specifically? I don't think there have been any changes to the rear struts that I am aware of.

Front's are a whole can of worms for the Koni setup. If you're on OEM fronts Id stick with it unless you are blowing struts from lowering springs. In that case, depending on budget a set of coil overs might be in order.
Does Koni make front struts for the 9th gen @Nix?

Nix

Jötunn Moderator
Lew-vul, KY
Body Style
It's A Fast Pig!
It's an insert that needs to be assembled and some custom fab work done. It involves cutting the strut and such. It's not a bolt in affair, hence if he is trading the car in, get an OEM replacement for the time being.