New 2013 Si from Upstate NY...Kinda

bowler13joe

Upstate New York
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
Hey bowler13joe that's a sweet 13 SI. I'm a Yonkers boy originally and now in Florida.
I got a silver metallic SI 13 and I'm just loving this ride.

I love the silver! Nice choice. I'm loving mine, as well. Finally took it on a real highway, today. I managed to get 35mpg on the way there and 33 back. Definitely happy with that!

Poko

I love the silver! Nice choice. I'm loving mine, as well. Finally took it on a real highway, today. I managed to get 35mpg on the way there and 33 back. Definitely happy with that!

33 mpg? Wow! That's awesome. I know you have to baby her for the first 600 miles, but 35mpg?. That's great! I have had my car for 4 months and put 690 miles on it averaging 28.5 mpg according to my info screen. That's city and highway. I don't really push her all the time and The engine is starving to be pushed.
I'm really curious what your driving habits are like in order to get 35mpg on the highway. I want to get 35mpg.

bowler13joe

Upstate New York
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
33 mpg? Wow! That's awesome. I know you have to baby her for the first 600 miles, but 35mpg?. That's great! I have had my car for 4 months and put 690 miles on it averaging 28.5 mpg according to my info screen. That's city and highway. I don't really push her all the time and The engine is starving to be pushed.
I'm really curious what your driving habits are like in order to get 35mpg on the highway. I want to get 35mpg.
I was on the NYS Thruway doing about 72-75, cruise control off (as they say to do for the first 500 miles or whatever), keeping up with traffic. I try to be reasonably light on the gas pedal. 28.5 mpg sounds about right, for mixed driving. That's around what I was getting in my '12 Si, according to the i-Mid/Nav info. Strictly highway, I usually get between 32 and 36ish. I've never gotten below 25mpg, even with snow tires! I actually drove a 2013 Civic EX Sedan (Auto tranny) for about a month, between the '12 Si and buying the '13 Si. I was averaging around 26-27 mpg in that. I was really unhappy with that, plus the fact that it could barely make it uphill without downshifting 2 gears. That's when I decided just to get another Si. You can't beat the power/mpg of this car. It's unreal! Not to mention, it's fun to drive haha

Reactions: Nix

Nix

Jötunn Moderator
Lew-vul, KY
Body Style
It's A Fast Pig!
Careful around Canajoharie.... I used to see cops there alllllll the time. Surprisingly once there were three of them on that straight stretch just east of the old beech nut factory. I did find that you could blast through Utica pretty easy and cop free most of the time. My grandparents lived in Rome so we were in that area pretty often.

bowler13joe

Upstate New York
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
Absolutely. It's amazing what you can get away with in Utica (not that I'm advocating anything lol). New Hartford, on the other hand, is a completely different story.

Reactions: Nix

Poko

I was on the NYS Thruway doing about 72-75, cruise control off (as they say to do for the first 500 miles or whatever), keeping up with traffic. I try to be reasonably light on the gas pedal. 28.5 mpg sounds about right, for mixed driving. That's around what I was getting in my '12 Si, according to the i-Mid/Nav info. Strictly highway, I usually get between 32 and 36ish. I've never gotten below 25mpg, even with snow tires! I actually drove a 2013 Civic EX Sedan (Auto tranny) for about a month, between the '12 Si and buying the '13 Si. I was averaging around 26-27 mpg in that. I was really unhappy with that, plus the fact that it could barely make it uphill without downshifting 2 gears. That's when I decided just to get another Si. You can't beat the power/mpg of this car. It's unreal! Not to mention, it's fun to drive haha
Thanks for your tips. Still, that's amazing!!

Poko