Official 'What did you do to your car today?' Thread

bobshur

Atlanta
Vehicle Model
2012 Civic si
Body Style
Coupe
Got my interior hydro dipping installed...

greene907

Alaska
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
the stock parts are what i took off, the rv6 downpipe made my car sound throatier, and a bit louder over my cat back invidia n1 i had, defiantly more power even without the tune

Freddiii

Brooklyn, NY
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
Is too late to get a pic or two... tomorrow?
I ended up not finishing the waxing. I was so sore from all the bending n squatting. Plus my Saturday was full of errands. Might finish on Friday it's supposed to be another warm weekend so I'll wet her down wipe her n then wax. She's so dusty now tho damn black car. I feel like buying a duster jus to dust her down everyday.

Monk

SW Virginia
Vehicle Model
2012 Civic EX
Body Style
Coupe FG3:ASM
I ended up not finishing the waxing. I was so sore from all the bending n squatting. Plus my Saturday was full of errands. Might finish on Friday it's supposed to be another warm weekend so I'll wet her down wipe her n then wax. She's so dusty now tho damn black car. I feel like buying a duster jus to dust her down everyday.
Here's what I use to wash my car/mc , allows me all the time I want to work on low areas.
http://www.harborfreight.com/automotive-motorcycle/creepers-seats/mechanics-roller-seat-3338.html

FooBird

If the Foo...well, you know. Just wear it.
Kirkland, WA
Vehicle Model
Si
Body Style
Coupe
Oh. I put on my fun rolling stock summer tires with the 18" HFP wheels.

Monk

SW Virginia
Vehicle Model
2012 Civic EX
Body Style
I installed my rear MGP caliper covers which look like the hardest ones to do(because of the disc shield. I'll do the fronts tomorrow.
It wasn't any problem, everything was so clean with the wheel off, I didn't even get my hands dirty............ :D

Reactions: Nix

bobshur

Atlanta
Vehicle Model
2012 Civic si
Body Style
Coupe
I'm getting the hazard from Andy, just waiting for him to get them, not to sure about jdm decal though

Lib625

Pittsburgh
Vehicle Model
Si
Body Style
Sedan
I did my first oil change last night at 5,651 and 15% on the MM. After much reading and debate I sprung for Mobile1 0w20...was a great price and many folks recommend. Also K&N filter & magnetic drain bolt. I figured I'd post a picture of what my oil looked like too. I read a few articles and posts where the poster stated their oil was very dirty after the first oil change. It might be tough to tell from the photo, but I thought my first oil change looked rather clean. It wasn't very dark in color and didn't have any metal shaving shimmer either.photo 3.JPG

Monk

SW Virginia
Vehicle Model
2012 Civic EX
Body Style
I installed my rear MGP caliper covers which look like the hardest ones to do(because of the disc shield. I'll do the fronts tomorrow.
It wasn't any problem, everything was so clean with the wheel off, I didn't even get my hands dirty............ :D

Well, the front install in itself is ok, but I'm going on my 3rd try Sat to see if I can shape the clips better to fit so it doesn't rub on the edge of the disc. sounds the same as a pad that got too thin(not). and I can feel heat on the fronts and not on the back. Also didn't have any noise with just the rears done.
The clips attach differently front/rear, I had to do a lot of shaping(the front clips as shipped need to be bent about 2mm wider to lie flat).
Sat I'll look at the clip for rub marks to see where to bend out of the way.

They look nice though...... just sound like some dumb "AS " that never turns the radio off to listen to their car...... Now I know why they ride so low in the seat........ :D

Pauly99to17

Ville de Quebec
Vehicle Model
2012 LX
Body Style
Dyno Blue Pearl Sedan (FB2)
I'm getting the hazard from Andy, just waiting for him to get them, not to sure about jdm decal though
Trust me, you will love the steering wheel badge. If by some chance you don't, you can take it off, put some 3m tape on the back and resell it.

Do you have red ambient lights in the footwellls?

Monk

SW Virginia
Vehicle Model
2012 Civic EX
Body Style
Well, the front install in itself is ok, but I'm going on my 3rd try Sat to see if I can shape the clips better to fit so it doesn't rub on the edge of the disc. sounds the same as a pad that got too thin(not). and I can feel heat on the fronts and not on the back. Also didn't have any noise with just the rears done.
The clips attach differently front/rear, I had to do a lot of shaping(the front clips as shipped need to be bent about 2mm wider to lie flat).
Sat I'll look at the clip for rub marks to see where to bend out of the way.

They look nice though...... just sound like some dumb "AS " that never turns the radio off to listen to their car...... Now I know why they ride so low in the seat........ :D

Install of brake covers complete........ I made a feeler gauge by cutting a up an old credit card..... Then it was as simple as shape/bend/gauge....... Pic's to follow.....