Tires and Wheel Sizes (ALL Possibilities)

Safe Gabe

San Francisco, CA
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
did i say camber?

did i say 215 on 9" wide rim?

track performance would be a 255 on 9" rim with relatively low offset. If your really serious then get forged wheels. but seriously.. it's a fwd car... there is only so much you can do

If you're going to say that about a FWD drive car, then you've never driven a properly setup one. I suggest looking up Ken Suen's Civic running around Buttonwillow. The car has since been made a dedicated track car and runs under 2 minutes there, but before that was doubled as his daily and still ran around a 2:10. Anything under 2:20 on that track, especially a street car, is pretty quick.

BTW, I realize you didn't say 215 on a 9 or camber or any of that stuff. I just assume those who make those negative comments about cars running those sizes to be part of that crowd. My apologies.

Reactions: Nix

Dar-Dar

Mordorator
North NJ
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Fiji Blue Pearl Coupe Coolest Member Since: May 15, 2011
I was going to mention that Ken's Big Red has 255s on the front. Lol.

Safe Gabe

San Francisco, CA
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
I was going to mention that Ken's Big Red has 255s on the front. Lol.

Staggered as well. Some of the 8thgen guys that I've encountered at track days tend to run x9's up front with a 255, then an 8 in the back with 215. I've mentioned this before on another post, but the 215's in the back will allow the rear tires to warm up along with the fronts. I know that's an 8thgen, but there's plenty of stuff that carries over in terms of what works and what doesn't.

Also, to the guy wanting to upgrade his stock tires. After having slept on it, you could consider running 225/45/17...but before we start suggesting sizes and types of tires, what are your plans with the car?

Reactions: Nix