RV6 2012+ Civic Si Bellmouth Downpipe

holy crap haha so much restriction with the stock exhaust it sounds like

We had 3 catless downpipe orders today. Hopefully we will get more feedback and videos soon. Thanks for the support guys!

I ordered up the catless version yesterday, looking forward to opening up the exhaust a bit. Will be curious to see how it sounds with the Injen axle back muffler also.

Actually, no...

12-Civic-HeaderDyno.jpg

The UR loses quite a bit of torque to the stock car below 2700 rpm...that's something you CAN feel in daily driving (I know I shift before 2700 rpm). Also, UR made the 11 lbft of torque gain with the addition of a 3" exhaust. These guys made it with the stock exhaust. Imagine how much more torque you'd get with the addition of an exhaust?
you do have a point,I probably buy cat-less rv6 and greddy evo3 cat-back,wonder will that have raspy sound.

Actually, no...

12-Civic-HeaderDyno.jpg

The UR loses quite a bit of torque to the stock car below 2700 rpm...that's something you CAN feel in daily driving (I know I shift before 2700 rpm). Also, UR made the 11 lbft of torque gain with the addition of a 3" exhaust. These guys made it with the stock exhaust. Imagine how much more torque you'd get with the addition of an exhaust?

To be cleared we used a Dyno Dynamics AKA a heatbreaker dyno. On our baseline we only made 152WHP, while the Dynojet made 172.5WHP that's a difference of 12.63%

On a Dynojet I would expect our numbers to be closer to.

13.3 * 1.1263 = 14.98WHP (Dynojet Corrected)
11.5 * 1.1263 = 12.93WHP (Dynojet Corrected)

Without FI or heavily built motor a 3" exhaust will most likely hurt you on low and mid range powder. 3 inch exhausts are great for paper racing but I will take low end power any day.

civicHPTQfinal.jpg

wait, sorry for the stupid question... how many o2 sensors do we have?

You have 2 O2 sensors. The first sensor (Primary) is right off the head and keeps tabs on the engines A/F ratio. The second sensor (Secondary) makes sure that the catalytic converter operating properly.

Thanks for clearing everything up! I'm just going to wait a bit and see what's going on with the ILX in terms of reliability of other components before I invest in this car. Right now, the car has its fair share of issues, which isn't making me particularly enthusiastic.

Thanks for clearing everything up! I'm just going to wait a bit and see what's going on with the ILX in terms of reliability of other components before I invest in this car. Right now, the car has its fair share of issues, which isn't making me particularly enthusiastic.

Care to elaborate on what issues your ilx is having? So far I haven't heard many great things from ilx owners.

^^ this... I haven't heard you say anything bad about it. What's going on with it?

A couple of things:
- Grinding second gear (it's hit or miss, sometimes it'll take a really quick high rpm shift into second, and then other times it'll grind) -- if I take my time going into the gear from high rpms, there is no issue
- Trim piece holding the right front tweeter keeps falling off
- Sunroof weathstripping is fading
- Spare tire cover flops up every time I go over a bump, producing a loud noise
- HIDs flicker on when I switch the stalk to turn on the parking lights

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2f9Uc0tDP_M&feature=plcp

Waiting on the FedEx truck.......hurry up!!!
Hey FXRob, did you have to get any other parts to make it work? In the pic on their website it looks like it comes with the defouler. Plus you are a mechanic, are you gonna do it in your driveway?

Nah it comes with everything you need for the install. Yeah I'm gonna install it in my garage. I have an air compressor and all my air tools so I'm good to go. Actually gonna go out now and start tearing it apart now while I'm waiting for the new one to arrive!

Back