Photos -- Official Honda Civic Shift Knob Pics Thread --

i have seem on other cars people do it with a pipe cutter but looks hackish to me. i might make a barrier around it and dremmel it. this is one of those things that is not easy to reverse

I plan on using a grinder to shorten it and then use a tap and die to extend the threads down further.

I plan on using a grinder to shorten it and then use a tap and die to extend the threads down further.
is it hard to remove what your cutting from the car. cause i know when i grind at work the sparks from it burn right through my clothes and i dont want that on my seats

Just cut mine down and ordered an m1abram. I think it will be great to have a weighted shifter now that its cut. The stock knob is only 136g. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362506130.866692.jpg

Was just informed that twm has a 2012 civic in the shop and there working on a short shifter !!

I know I've posted most of these before, but since the pics were taken in my now destroyed FG2, I decided to take some pics of the knobs in my FA5. Enjoy. :beer:

Sorry for the cruddy pic. This is the stock 8th gen Si knob that never gets used.
IMG_5544_zps1aa1a906.jpg

Blue stitch/numbers CR-Z 6sp knob
IMG_5546_zpsbb718ea2.jpg

Fatboy knob with MAD PROPS going out to Nomar06...the man, the myth, the legend...
IMG_5543_zps7a7b8bd4.jpg

1.6 pound mystery knob I bought from the Ocho's marketplace. I believe it to be either a Monster, or Rick's shift knob.
IMG_5542_zps9fa254e2.jpg

Custom delrin knob I had made. It's one of my favorites.
IMG_5540_zpsee0f231e.jpg

...and last but not least...the Black Donkey Dikk
IMG_5541_zpsbe565090.jpg

the donkey dick looks like one side of a nun chuck

Originally I bought a foot long rod of delrin then cut it in half to make two knobs. So there's another one without the "thumb groove" waiting as a backup if needed. I guess I could connect the two and make a set of "knob-chucks". :giggle:

Last edited:
Is the red piece a grip? It looks soo good.

Back