Photos -- Official Honda Civic Shift Knob Pics Thread --

Me too, I had it on my last civic and it was awesome. It really doesn't get hot at all in the heat. If I had a short shifter it would be a lot better, as is it kinda feels like a cane lol

On the other site I bought another member that Spoon knob for the Secret Santa...although I kinda wanted to keep it. :giggle: I'm a bit of a shift knob whore, but all my favorite knobs over the years have been delrin. I've got a couple of REALLY heavy knobs that I use every blue moon, but 99% of the year I use my 2 favorite delrin knobs. :driving:

So I bought a new shift boot from an outfit thats sells custom made shift boots. Tell me what you think. By the way, it it looks washed out in these pictures, but in real life it looks fantastic.uploadfromtaptalk1360886458460.jpguploadfromtaptalk1360886473284.jpg

By the way, did you know that the oem boot on the Si is NOT leather?

Last edited:
I need a new shift boot retainer. The oem doesn't look right. Plus, there is nothing holding the boot up. Although the site says its for 2006 through 2013 Civics, I don't think they realize that they 9th gen changed the boot setup dramatically. The place is called redlinegoods.com. I have an email out to them now to see how they wnat to handle this. As you can see, they are not the same size.
Shift boots.jpg

Moddiction countersunk/weighted Anvil 2
DSCN1010_zpscfb7b1d6.jpg

DSCN1013_zps2c46aa95.jpg

Last edited:
So I bought a new shift boot from an outfit thats sells custom made shift boots. Tell me what you think. By the way, it it looks washed out in these pictures, but in real life it looks fantastic.View attachment 10395View attachment 10396

By the way, did you know that the oem boot on the Si is NOT leather?
I need a new shift boot retainer. The oem doesn't look right. Plus, there is nothing holding the boot up. Although the site says its for 2006 through 2013 Civics, I don't think they realize that they 9th gen changed the boot setup dramatically. The place is called redlinegoods.com. I have an email out to them now to see how they wnat to handle this. As you can see, they are not the same size.
View attachment 10405

Redline makes great stuff...when they get it right. I've got one in my car and it's been awesome. My buddy ordered one for his VW though, and it was all jacked up, was uneven, and there was no way it would fit. Apparently they're being pretty decent about fixing the problem though.

I'm not surprised at all about the OEM boot being pleather. The same was true with the 8th gens.

^^^ I agree. The craftsmanship is first class. I just wish that it fit properly. We'll see how it turns out.

I really like that knob/boot combo, I might have to copy you :) what's the issue with this boot?

I really like that knob/boot combo, I might have to copy you :) what's the issue with this boot?

It is not secured at the top, no way to do it and still tighten down the shift knob retainer, which is inside the boot. It also is too narrow at the top to use the oem plastic holding pieces, and is marginally high enough. Finally, the leather is severely stretched to fit over the base. I'm sure this was designed for the 8th gen. They just didn't realize it changed in 2012.

No kidding, I love the thing. Can't wait to see what they can do for the 9th, because they make great stuff.

Last edited:
Cool well in glad you're sending yours in so that mine will fit right lol. You got the job at redline too right? You mind me asking how much for the both of them?

Cool well in glad you're sending yours in so that mine will fit right lol. You got the job at redline too right? You mind me asking how much for the both of them?
The boot was one of their more complex ones. It was $57.75 shipped. I think I could have gotten it for less with a coupon, but realized it too late.

Looking at these pix again, it really makes the oem boot look grim. I never did like the dull grey/black look, and that the stitching was always twisted around lol.

Last edited:
The boot was one of their more complex ones. It was $57.75 shipped. I think I could have gotten it for less with a coupon, but realized it too late.
I just realized I put "job" instead of knob lol. How much was the knob?

I forget. It is from a place called sickspeed on ebay. Maybe 30 or 40 dollars?

I just put my stock knob back on and I have to admit, I like it better than a weighted knob. I might try the FD2 knob out.

i have seem on other cars people do it with a pipe cutter but looks hackish to me. i might make a barrier around it and dremmel it. this is one of those things that is not easy to reverse

Back