Post up your fish tanks/aquariums!

^ I think I posted him up here a while ago when he was still tiny, so he's come a long way lol

Yeah, I think I remember the fin damage. Looks well :D

I'm blacking out my tank for a day or two again because I'm constantly getting green water no matter how often i'm doing large water changes or anything.

Which one was pinky? I remember tobias (severum), Albus (bn pleco), Louie the blue acara, don't remember pinky. Was it one of your bettas?
Pinky/Albus (depended on female/male :( I'm waiting for the water to clear up and the tank to calm down before getting another.

Get some phosphate remover. It may help with the battle.

Might have to do that. Robert is blaming my plants. That's pretty much the only difference between our tanks.

Pinky/Albus (depended on female/male :( I'm waiting for the water to clear up and the tank to calm down before getting another.

Might have to do that. Robert is blaming my plants. That's pretty much the only difference between our tanks.
Robert may have a good point. Algae could have been transported from the plants to your tank. This could be with anything, bacteria, snails, parasites, and so forth. It is how I got the green hair algae that ruined my planted 75. I got it from duckweed that was from a pond.

Robert may have a good point. Algae could have been transported from the plants to your tank. This could be with anything, bacteria, snails, parasites, and so forth. It is how I got the green hair algae that ruined my planted 75. I got it from duckweed that was from a pond.
He thinks they're the reason I have algae...is in by having plants it's causing algae to grow. Not that it got transplanted.

It's possible it came in with them...but I don't think having a plant in the tank is the cause.

The siamese algae eater is enjoying cleaning the plants though.

I also found a few snails later on. The fish ate them :\

I did find some strange worm like things in my tank. I'm thinking they're live bloodworms

He thinks they're the reason I have algae...is in by having plants it's causing algae to grow. Not that it got transplanted.

It's possible it came in with them...but I don't think having a plant in the tank is the cause.

The siamese algae eater is enjoying cleaning the plants though.

I also found a few snails later on. The fish ate them :\

I did find some strange worm like things in my tank. I'm thinking they're live bloodworms
Are the worms white and small? Very wiggly?

My best bet is to try and show you a pic. I don't see it moving. This isn't the red one either.

uploadfromtaptalk1367346698133.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1367346710111.jpg

And despite doing a decent size water change every few days. The tank quickly comes back like this

uploadfromtaptalk1367347074027.jpg

The stuff on the driftwood isn't moving. I'm guessing it might be midge larvae on there...and other places that aren't moving.
Probably going to have to do another good water change today (I always siphon the crushed coral also)
Might have to make a trip to the LFS

That looks to be planaria to me. Most common reason is over feeding. Fish do not eat every day in the wild so skipping feedings is encouraged. The cloudiness looks like a bacteria bloom. If you put 2 and 2 together I am pretty sure thats your problem. Do you have a freshwater master test kit?

I do not have a test kit.
I feed them every other day usually...but the rotkeil isn't big on eating to begin with.

You can get your water tested at most pet stores for free. Have them check your ammonia, nitrites, and nitrates. Or get a test kit and do it yourself.

Yeah, I'll probably just take a sample in to Petsmart on my way to my LFS. Right now I've got to buy another carrier for the kittens before I get them spayed. :blah:

Back