New Car.......Same Color!

I don't know how well 3M tape would stick to the insulation.

I don't understand when you said "insulation". Do you mean the rubber strip?
The EZ Lip is held on with 3M tape and is outside the car so I would think this strip could be held on without any problem at all. I am referring to the door strip, not the wheel well insulation.

Last edited:
I don't understand when you said "insulation". Do you mean the rubber strip?
The EZ Lip is held on with 3M tape and is outside the car so I would think this strip could be held on without any problem at all. I am referring to the door strip, not the wheel well insulation.

It is unknown if that strip was added as a seal or sound insulation. The assumption is that it is for sound insulation. I think it would be a matter of how well the 3M adhesive sticks to the rubber-type strip itself and how well it holds up long-term.

It is unknown if that strip was added as a seal or sound insulation. The assumption is that it is for sound insulation. I think it would be a matter of how well the 3M adhesive sticks to the rubber-type strip itself and how well it holds up long-term.
The 3M tape sticks extremely well to the EZ Lip which is probably the exact same type of rubbery foam material.

Last edited:
Just back from getting the tint done. I'm not sure if I'm happy with it or not. There are lots of what seem to be waves in it. Hopefully it dries out. It's guaranteed and I've always been told to wait a week with tint before complaining.

35% all around.

za6atyzy.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1372793012.304106.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1372793012.304106.jpg
    511.2 KB · Views: 17
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1372793034.243260.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1372793034.243260.jpg
    389.3 KB · Views: 19
I'm in the middle of my first wash right now before moving on to a wax. I noticed that in the rear wheel wells there is a felt, almost interior carpet like material that wasn't in the '12s. Sound deadening I'm guessing. It's not in the front.

I'm hoping this will hold up to the salt on the roads. I'm sure Honda engineers have the answers.

View attachment 22585
View attachment 22586

Oh boy that felt stuff, it is durable, I had it on my 08TL-S, my main complaint is road debris sticks to it and its one more spot to have to scrub during a wash. Particularly in the fall when the leaves fall off the trees, I always had leaf particles stuck to that felt...but don't worry it is DURABLE!

Oh boy that felt stuff, it is durable, I had it on my 08TL-S, my main complaint is road debris sticks to it and its one more spot to have to scrub during a wash. Particularly in the fall when the leaves fall off the trees, I always had leaf particles stuck to that felt...but don't worry it is DURABLE!

Thanks. I can just imagine all the crap that will stick to it. I wonder what salt is going to do it it? You're right. I can see a lot of scrubbing in my future.

First off, Congrats Andre! What a surprise and a really great one at that!

I think the rubber at the bottom of the door may be there to keep dirt out (?). I always notice dirt on the door sills from splashing water that gets in. You'll have to let us know if these rubber pieces keep the dirt out.

I'm curious what changes you had to do when you traded in your 2012. Did you take off the red JDM badges ?

Look what I found. They left it exactly the same.

http://ottawahonda.autotrader.ca/used/Honda/2012-Honda-Civic-a19278850a0a000200f66abc75e36483.htm

Someone is going to get the JDM hazard light, the red JDM badges (inside and out), the red vinyl over lay on the Civic badge and the LED lights. They are going to be wondering why everyone elses Si doesnt have those ooptions. :giggle:

Someone is going to get the JDM hazard light, the red JDM badges (inside and out), the red vinyl over lay on the Civic badge and the LED lights. They are going to be wondering why everyone elses Si doesnt have those ooptions. :giggle:

Yep......a few dollars saved for sure.

Yep......a few dollars saved for sure.
It's funny when you think about it because all those mods you did will now be covered under the dealership warranty. If the JDM badges fade for example or if the vinyl overlay peels, the dealership will have to replace. :giggle:

I'm not sure how that would work with used vehicles. I'm sure they'd just replace them with a stock emblem. I'm surprised they didn't do it after I brought it back.

I am surprised as well. Usually cars with mods go out to auction not placed on the sales floor; however, it is definitely clean enough to attract many buyers.

I can vouch that the car is clean. It's probably more clean than when I picked it up new. It was just claybared and waxed too.

I got my red JDM emblems in the mail today and I'm kind of having mixed feelings about putting them on. There is more silver on the front and back of the 13s so I'm thinking the stock ones might look better.

I'm thinking the JDM emblems work much better on the 12s than the 13s. Hmmmmmmm

Yeah. Something to think about for sure.

See on the 12s once you took the silver emblems off there was no more silver. With the 13s even after putting the emblems on, there will still be some silver. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg View attachment 22854

Back