New Car.......Same Color!

Yeah, I checked this morning when I got in my car. Couldn't find it in the parts listing, though. Maybe CollegeHillsHonda can offer some insight on how to acquire this additional weatherstripping/sound insulation.

imageuploadedbytapatalk-hd1372618939-504445-jpg.22588

It's on all four doors. I'm sure that would definitely make a difference. I'm not sure how much the new rear fender liners would make. I guess all together it helps.

I would really be interested in a document from Honda that highlights and explains the soundproofing upgrades. Wishful thinking, though. I am mainly intrigued by the fender liners, but am curious as to what else they did/used.

I would really be interested in a document from Honda that highlights and explains the soundproofing upgrades. Wishful thinking, though. I am mainly intrigued by the fender liners, but am curious as to what else they did/used.

The two that I shared are the only obvious ones that I could find. I'll take a closer look today. I haven't had a good look at the trunk yet and maybe behind the engine in the engine bay.

The two that I shared are the only obvious ones that I could find. I'll take a closer look today. I haven't had a good look at the trunk yet and maybe behind the engine in the engine bay.

I would imagine there is some additional/different material behind the firewall.

First off, Congrats Andre! What a surprise and a really great one at that!

I think the rubber at the bottom of the door may be there to keep dirt out (?). I always notice dirt on the door sills from splashing water that gets in. You'll have to let us know if these rubber pieces keep the dirt out.

I'm curious what changes you had to do when you traded in your 2012. Did you take off the red JDM badges ?

Last edited:
First off, Congrats Andre! What a surprise and a really great one at that!

I think the rubber at the bottom of the door may be there to keep dirt out (?). I always notice dirt on the door sills from splashing water that gets in. You'll have to let us know if these rubber pieces keep the dirt out.

I'm curious what changes you had to do when you traded in your 2012. Did you take off the red JDM badges ?

Thanks Pauly. I really had no intention of trading when I went to the dealer, but a week later I'm driving a new Si. I really do like it.

I always thought the '12s had a lot of dirt that got in behind the doors. The strips appear to help a bit with that, but I'm guessing soundproofing was the main reason.

I didn't do anything to the car when they took it. They looked at the car and even wanted the red HFP mats. I said I wanted to keep them. The old car still has the JDM badges on it. They said it was going on their used lot so I'll take a run by sometime this week to see if they changed them.

Now to figure out what to do with this one.

I think so too. The blue is really an amazing color. I was very close to getting the orange and it's a good thing I didn't see the red Si sedan that a member posted earlier today. That would have made the decision harder. I'm happy with the blue though.

I didn't do anything to the car when they took it. They looked at the car and even wanted the red HFP mats. I said I wanted to keep them. The old car still has the JDM badges on it.
Did you take off the stuff you added? Engine cover, red bolts etc., I assume you took off the blue lug nuts you had bought too.

Last edited:
Did you take off the stuff you added? Engine cover, red bolts etc., I assume you took off the blue lug nuts you had bought too.

All that I left on were the emblems and the steering wheel emblem. The rest came off and most of it is already in the new one. I have ordered new emblems, cup holder cover, front headlight lens protectors and fog light overlays.

Congrats on the new car. It looks really good. Makes me want to call my salesman. As for the sound proofing the 13's also have thicker windshields and side window glass to keep the noise out

Congrats on the new car. It looks really good. Makes me want to call my salesman. As for the sound proofing the 13's also have thicker windshields and side window glass to keep the noise out

Thanks. End month may have been working in my favor with the new car.

I wouldn't have thought about the glass.

Yeah, I checked this morning when I got in my car. Couldn't find it in the parts listing, though. Maybe CollegeHillsHonda can offer some insight on how to acquire this additional weatherstripping/sound insulation.

All four lower door insulation strips would run about $60. They are held on with clips but the 2012 door panels won't have the attach points. Honda changed the door panels for 2013.

All four lower door insulation strips would run about $60. They are held on with clips but the 2012 door panels won't have the attach points. Honda changed the door panels for 2013.

Of course they did! Could probably use an adhesive, though.

Last edited:
Of course, lining them up correctly could be tricky.

Back