New Car.......Same Color!

The map light bulbs look like 194.

Do you know why the lugs are shorter? The 2012 Si wheels look the same as the 2013 besides the paint job.

Do you know why the lugs are shorter? The 2012 Si wheels look the same as the 2013 besides the paint job.

Not sure why the lugs would be shorter. They sit deeper in the wheel but the wheel itself looks identical to the '12...except the paint of course.

I'm in the middle of my first wash right now before moving on to a wax. I noticed that in the rear wheel wells there is a felt, almost interior carpet like material that wasn't in the '12s. Sound deadening I'm guessing. It's not in the front.

I'm hoping this will hold up to the salt on the roads. I'm sure Honda engineers have the answers.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372611610.372804.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372611623.318549.jpg

For an exterior piece subjected to impact, that is...weird.

How much more quiet is the cabin in the 2013s? Do you notice much difference? It is pretty interesting putting some sort of fabric as a wheel well.

The inner fender part numbers are in fact different from the '12 to the '13. Interestingly enough they are the same price, though.

The difference in noise is significant. That is one of the major differences I've noticed. I like it quieter, but the 18 year old at home didn't like it as much. Lol. He liked that he could hear the engine more.

I'm sure it's not the same material as the carpets but it feels the same. Hard to say how it's going to hold up in the winter.

I may have to take a trip to a Honda Dealership on a Sunday to check this stuff out.

Don't get me wrong. Its no Caddy, but the noise difference is very noticeable.

I have the interior of my car torn apart for a stereo install and I keep going back and forth about if/what to do about adding some sound deadening which is why I am curious as to what Honda has done in the redesign. I don't want to add too much weight, but I am ok with the trade off to make it a bit quieter.

The two last changes I noticed are a new rubber strip along the bottom of the doors which I'm sure is for sound and a large piece of plastic at the front of the engine bay. That may be just due to the new front end.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1372618923.716684.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1372618939.504445.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1372618953.907404.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm...I see no listing or difference in the diagrams from the '12 to the '13.

Back