Photos Show Us Your Window Tint Pics

Reactions: 5SK
State inspection is the only reason I didn't go darker than 35%. I'm not sure how lenient shops are around here about that, so I just played it safe. I'm already getting away with a catless race header :shadyhat: I didn't wanna push my luck lol

Last edited:
Reactions: 5SK
Just bought a 2013 Civic LX and i traded my s2000 in for more room
I had 15% all around but now my car is black thinking 15% in back and 35% front
or 5% back and 15% front

Not sure since its a lease, Im thinking the lighter the better
Its hot in So Cal

Just bought a 2013 Civic LX and i traded my s2000 in for more room
I had 15% all around but now my car is black thinking 15% in back and 35% front
or 5% back and 15% front

Not sure since its a lease, Im thinking the lighter the better
Its hot in So Cal
35% is too light IMO. do 20% all around. The civics have the hugest front windshield, so it lets in alot of light.
Heres how my 20% all around looks on a Black Si.
Optimized-20131022_144754_Richtone(HDR).jpg
At night, its DARK. you can see out perfectly, but no one sees in:shadyhat:

qy9y2uha.jpg
35 is fine with quality film,I got 20 in back,I'm at Georgia legal limit,remember driving at nights sucks with the real dark stuff.

I'm amazed at how many tinters will go against the written law for tinting. Everyone I've asked won't do it. Never offered to pay them more though, maybe that's it.
Depends on what's written a lot of people argue its 35% in Canada there is no written number its all dependant on the police officer I have a friend who got away with 5% all around for 5 years pulled over multiple times for unrelated things with no problems

Pic of before, and 1 after the tint and a car wash :) I've had the car for a month so far, excited to trick it out my way.

It's got 5% all around, it's pretty dark at night, but I don't mind it.. The front is untouched at the moment, I didn't have the extra $120 to get it done, next month I should have it done at 30% with the strip at 5%.

Attachments

• photo (1).JPG
    photo (1).JPG
    450.2 KB · Views: 62
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 70
I'm amazed at how many tinters will go against the written law for tinting. Everyone I've asked won't do it. Never offered to pay them more though, maybe that's it.

I just did mine 5%, the installer came to my house to do it, they use lumar, when he asked what I wanted I said "5% all around" he replied with a "so you want it illegal!" in a sort of rude manner. So I told him "yes illegal.. My car, my money, my problem" then he tells me "well that's fine it'll be your ticket too, and it'll be $20 more". So in all he charged me $200, also came with a limited lifetime warranty (does not include nationwide).

I just did mine 5%, the installer came to my house to do it, they use lumar, when he asked what I wanted I said "5% all around" he replied with a "so you want it illegal!" in a sort of rude manner. So I told him "yes illegal.. My car, my money, my problem" then he tells me "well that's fine it'll be your ticket too, and it'll be $20 more". So in all he charged me $200, also came with a limited lifetime warranty (does not include nationwide).
That's the answer I was looking for, the ones I went to wouldn't do it illegal at all, I did get them to go a few mm lower with the front strip so it would be even with the mesh behind the mirror....... Now.. there's a dumb one(of course they(LEO) might have a harder time getting a picture of us with traffic cams.

That's the answer I was looking for, the ones I went to wouldn't do it illegal at all, I did get them to go a few mm lower with the front strip so it would be even with the mesh behind the mirror....... Now.. there's a dumb one(of course they(LEO) might have a harder time getting a picture of us with traffic cams.

I don't see why a shop wouldn't just install what ever their customer wants, it isn't their problem, it's yours, but I hear Virginia has really strict laws on the tinted windows though. This installer that did mine seemed to be mad that I wanted 5%, but he really had no choice after driving out 30 minutes to my house with his company van. It was either install them or lose the sale. I wouldn't have settled for anything less.

I'm using the same company to tint the windshield, I'm tempted to get 25% with a 5% strip, and see if I can get away with it.

Thanks for the helpful pics everyone. I own a 9th right now, & considering tint for it at the very moment. Had an 8th gen with 20% all the way around minus the windshield. 5% sun strip. 35% sunroof.
Was pulled over 3 times. Only had to pay one time because I was told to remove it (all of it, every window) & return to the police station w/i 10 days & I didn't (no I wasn't breaking any traffic laws, he only pulled me over for the tint, no other violations) I have to admit its tough for me to have a car w/o tint, I just really really like the look & it is cooler (temp) & I do think its extends life of interior. Never had any visibility problems driving at night.

crop1.jpg

Here's mine with 35% front and 20% rear. (The rear windows were tinted at the dealer even before I purchased it, apparently most of their Civic's in stock they tint the rear windows) so I just had to get the fronts tinted but didn't want to go too dark. I wanted at least 15% on the rear but free tint is free tint.
IMG_1939_zps4ef46f80.jpg

Back