Alberto's modest civic build

Nice job getting on track man! Very impressed.
Thank you, it was a lot of fun, a lot more intense than autoX.

I hope that guy sells me his catless full race DP, full race exhaust, and hondata.... because that's all the mods I wanna do till I can afford a supercharger.

After tracking a few more things I wanna do, I gotta replace the pads, the Akebono OE started to fade towards the 20 min mark, so definitely gotta get Hawk... my lower motor mount now has play, so now I'm thinking of upgrading all the mounts, and also get the DOT4 Firestone brake fluid out, new steel brake lines, and put some performance brake fluid.

I also found out that now I'm officially addicted to tracking, i might start doing GPS, and NASA events around here in Chicago... its more "upfront" costs than autoX but I came to the conclusion that the "dollar to fun ratio " is better... here is why:

AutoX: $40... 10 runs, each run is about 1 minute (or less) in length... 40/10= $4/min

Track days, average $250... 4 runs that last 20 min each, that is 80 min behind the wheel... 250/80= $3.125/min

Conclusion: Track is dope af

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b218/avp_bluearmy/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-05/****-you-science_zps3pegtvii.jpg

But I will also continue to autoX

I disagree with running XP10s on the street. Their operating temperature range is ~400-1600F. A performance street pad would be the bobcat, with AX6 the next step up.

Everyone will have their own opinion though.
I personally run Performance Friction Z-Rated on the street and PFC11 on the track. IMO there's no such thing as a dual duty pad. It's either a street pad or a track pad; don't make it do both.

Someone will also say a fully stripped/solid bushing car is fine on the street; others would think it's torture.
I'd read through this thread & follow the advice jro has provided on track/street pads in that thread
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/brakes-smoking.11853/page-2

I'm back! Bought a few things for my "modest" build

Full set of hasport mounts, 70a

Skunk2 alpha catless header, tiny hairline Crack by bellmouth, gonna get that welded, new gaskets and installing later

I also got my full race cat back exhaust and installed it yesterday 06 09 16

Still trying to convince this guy to sell my his hondata for 500, he wants 570 lol

Got the skunk2 alpha header welded by a vato muffler shop for 20 pesos, new gaskets, and installed on my car.

Officiallu straight piped as of 06/11/16

You live in Illinois and you pay in pesos? What am I missing here?

Lol i was being sarcastic, $20 usd and they welded it. The skunk2 alpha catless + full race cat back is loud, hella raspy bellow 3k rpm, but after that sounds nice af.

Went to a special autox event at The Tire Rack in South Bend, IN. :)

06/25/16

And i got one of the Hasport motor mounts installed. (Its by the oil pan)

Getting all the other ones installed Friday.

Tags for google: 2012 Honda Civic Si Fender flares.
Fg4 fender flares.
Civic 235/45r17

( A lot of people ask, i figure might as well have them land on the site lol )

How was the event? Results aside... pretty fun? How did the car perform for you?

On a side note... I think the car is looking pretty good but, one suggestion I have in case you're planning anything else.... would it be possible to swap the rear flares for a set of smaller "front" sized flares? I feel like they are too large for the car and are more for a RWD drag car running 15" wide slicks. I think matched F/R flares would look really good.

I know safegabe is running 255 width tires on stock fenders. With those smaller flares you could definitely run some nice tires in there without having to use such a large rear. Just my 0.02

Back