PRL short ram intake - oil breather and hoses from stock airbox?

How do you remove lower part of air box
If I recall right, it is just ubber grommets in the rear. So just give it a good yank after removing any front bolts you can find.

If I recall right, it is just ubber grommets in the rear. So just give it a good yank after removing any front bolts you can find.
That sounds about right. I believe there is one 10mm bolt in the front and then just the 2 rubber grommets in the back. Take the bolt out and give it a good yank and it should come free.

I have a k&n sri - and it does not come like prl (with breather filter ya know) - it has a hose connection that just replaces where it went just like stock- i'm going to get a bf from k-tune $20 :) - but wondering if you have any insight on how to cap the current port for the hose on my sri now - thanks

also where can i get the caps for the tb from? - i think they are screw protectors right?

Step 1. Remove both tubes from throttle body and put vaccum caps on the TB where the hoses use to be make sure you get caps that are a little tight so they don't come off.View attachment 38345

I have a k&n sri - and it does not come like prl (with breather filter ya know) - it has a hose connection that just replaces where it went just like stock- i'm going to get a bf from k-tune $20 :) - but wondering if you have any insight on how to cap the current port for the hose on my sri now - thanks

also where can i get the caps for the tb from? - i think they are screw protectors right?

The yellow caps in the picture are just vacuum line caps that you can pick up from any auto parts store. They come in all the standard sizes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The yellow caps in the picture are just vacuum line caps that you can pick up from any auto parts store. They come in all the standard sizes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks! - i need to breather hose off and take a couple pic and see what ya'll think about how to cap the hole in my intake (90elbow comes off it and attaches to breather hose)

just like the prl intake comes without breather hose input - and replace hose (on valve cover) with breather filter - something to do with "blow-by" I believe its to eliminate fumes/residue or what not from cycling back into the intake through the motor - basically all that hose is for is because of emissions - they don't like letting that back out into the environment.

Last edited:
just like the prl intake comes without breather hose input - and replace hose (on valve cover) with breather filter - something to do with "blow-by" I believe its to eliminate fumes/residue or what not from cycling back into the intake through the motor - basically all that hose is for is because of emissions - they don't like letting that back out into the environment.

true, the hose does pull the crankcase vapors and recycle them into the intake to be burned. this is good for emission but it is also good for your crankcase. the slight vacuum created from the intake pulling air in helps evacuate the positive crankcase vapors out of the motor. a breather filter will achieve a similar effect but without the vacuum assist.
since the k&n has provisions for the hose, you should use it. there are no negative performance effects to doing so.

if you did decide you want to plug the intake, you can just add a vacuum cap as suggested above or you can buy and npt plug (i believe it would be 3/8" npt)

true, the hose does pull the crankcase vapors and recycle them into the intake to be burned. this is good for emission but it is also good for your crankcase. the slight vacuum created from the intake pulling air in helps evacuate the positive crankcase vapors out of the motor. a breather filter will achieve a similar effect but without the vacuum assist.
since the k&n has provisions for the hose, you should use it. there are no negative performance effects to doing so.

if you did decide you want to plug the intake, you can just add a vacuum cap as suggested above or you can buy and npt plug (i believe it would be 3/8" npt)

I agree should prob just keep it how it is. Dose look cool lol. Of course just cause it looks cool doesn’t mean it’s good for the car.

But wondering why does PRL sell their intake with a breather filter and no intake port for hose if it takes away vacuum and is possibly bad for engine. Aren’t they a pretty good performance company and have integrity when selling proper performing parts for car? Just a thought ya know. Thank you!

Prl is a great company, not sure why they choose to do it that way. I wouldn't say it hurts the engine at all but it's not emission legal and there are benefits to vacuum assisted crank vent.
Maybe their design didn't allow for a breather tube or it would be more expensive to manufacture

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Prl is a great company, not sure why they choose to do it that way. I wouldn't say it hurts the engine at all but it's not emission legal and there are benefits to vacuum assisted crank vent.
Maybe their design didn't allow for a breather tube or it would be more expensive to manufacture

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Yeah well my completely castles exhaust is not legal anyways lol. So wouldn’t mind it. I’ll just leave it how it is.

Thanks for the insight bud. Much thanks.

Back