Called XM to cancel my renewal. Got a huge discount

Tony-si

Van Nuys, Ca
Vehicle Model
Civic SI
Body Style
coupe
So I called serius /xm and said $300 is too high when I only listen to a few channels and the one I main want is on all access. So the person I talked to gave me another year $5 cheaper then what I paid last time. ;)

I have XM in my Pilot and my Stealth and love having it. However, since my Civic wasn't equipped with it, I'm not sure I want to spend the $300 in parts for a factory install plus the added subscription. I like having XM; just not sure I like it that much. Maybe I'll pick up the factory parts cheap and install it that way.

So I called serius /xm and said $300 is too high when I only listen to a few channels and the one I main want is on all access. So the person I talked to gave me another year $5 cheaper then what I paid last time. ;)

Wait.. You were paying $300/year for 1 vehicle? :eek:

I always put a reminder on my Google Calendar a few days before my renewal is suppose to happen. I call them and tell them my renewal is suppose to happen on X day and I can't justify the cost since I have unlimited data. I will just stream Spotify/Pandora if they can't give me a better price.

The trick is to not say yes to their first offer or even second offer. They can get better deals for you. Usually the 3rd offer they give me works for me. :thumbsup:

I always put a reminder on my Google Calendar a few days before my renewal is suppose to happen. I call them and tell them my renewal is suppose to happen on X day and I can't justify the cost since I have unlimited data. I will just stream Spotify/Pandora if they can't give me a better price.

The trick is to not say yes to their first offer or even second offer. They can get better deals for you. Usually the 3rd offer they give me works for me. :thumbsup:

He talked about his renewal being that high in here before. You told him he should get it for $4-6/month.
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/question-for-xm-sirius.15470/#post-420835

I never said I was paying $300 for one car. That was the renewal after my one year trial and they renewed me for another year less then what i paid originaly last year.

Phew. You had me worried. Glad it wasn't for 1 car and you got a better deal :thumbsup:

Back