Official 'What did you do to your car today?' Thread

Hot off the press, gents: This beautiful red Si babied with 2,500 mile synthetic oil changes and easy cross country miles to the Dragon 6 times (where i thrashed her pretty good) is about to bite the dust. She can't pass CA smog to save her life. My tuner and I have been at it for months. It actually passes with flying colors (as do all Hondas)... but because of the mods can't pass. So she gone.
I know Nix was interested last year... but no sign of him lately. (Yeah, remember that world class car savant? He went electric -- at his age no less) Of course the car needs a good home... and definitely in an area outside California or any large metro area where you can't have even basic mods. As you can imagine everything is pristine except the front hood, chipped up from all those freeway miles. Sat radio, radar detector, GPS, aux power supply all hot wired on an extra circuit. Other than that, total stock, just the CAI, Full Race DP and mild Invidia exhaust. And 60,000 easy miles. Plus an extra 5,000 miles only you guys would understand.

Once I make it official she'll come with new shoes not yet installed (Bridgestone Pole Position) and an extra set of new HFP wheels with new Michelin PSS 18's with zero miles on them. Still has original brakes. (Forgot, have new Hawk pads and an extra set of OEM... not yet installed) Unfortunately, the existing pads still look new... and she never got to track. Hence, didn't need the brakes.

(Thanks in advance... but save the recommendations about going back to stock. Ain't happening. Would rather leave California... which might be an option someday)

Been toying with the Type R. But at $45,000 -- and all the dealers want +$10k not budging -- so in my case the M240 is by far the better buy, especially if not addicted to 300hp. Actually, with a simple reflash -- no mods -- the Type R gives you 350. Pretty insane stuff. If you're into power there's no match for the Type R in that category.

Of course it will need a new pair of expensive shoes each and every year. Guys have only been getting 10,000 miles out of those 20" Conti's. But what a great 10,000 miles they must be.

Can't blame you for the emissions nightmare. Damn shame about these dealers making up prices like they are. Maybe American honda would step in if you get ahold of them kinda odd like the whole hellcat situation with dodge. But i know you'll find something fun, keep us filled in, I'm particularly interested

Hot off the press, gents: This beautiful red Si babied with 2,500 mile synthetic oil changes and easy cross country miles to the Dragon 6 times (where i thrashed her pretty good) is about to bite the dust. She can't pass CA smog to save her life. My tuner and I have been at it for months. It actually passes with flying colors (as do all Hondas)... but because of the mods can't pass. So she gone.
I know Nix was interested last year... but no sign of him lately. (Yeah, remember that world class car savant? He went electric -- at his age no less) Of course the car needs a good home... and definitely in an area outside California or any large metro area where you can't have even basic mods. As you can imagine everything is pristine except the front hood, chipped up from all those freeway miles. Sat radio, radar detector, GPS, aux power supply all hot wired on an extra circuit. Other than that, total stock, just the CAI, Full Race DP and mild Invidia exhaust. And 60,000 easy miles. Plus an extra 5,000 miles only you guys would understand.

Once I make it official she'll come with new shoes not yet installed (Bridgestone Pole Position) and an extra set of new HFP wheels with new Michelin PSS 18's with zero miles on them. Still has original brakes. (Forgot, have new Hawk pads and an extra set of OEM... not yet installed) Unfortunately, the existing pads still look new... and she never got to track. Hence, didn't need the brakes.

(Thanks in advance... but save the recommendations about going back to stock. Ain't happening. Would rather leave California... which might be an option someday)

Been toying with the Type R. But at $45,000 -- and all the dealers want +$10k not budging -- so in my case the M240 is by far the better buy, especially if not addicted to 300hp. Actually, with a simple reflash -- no mods -- the Type R gives you 350. Pretty insane stuff. If you're into power there's no match for the Type R in that category.

Of course it will need a new pair of expensive shoes each and every year. Guys have only been getting 10,000 miles out of those 20" Conti's. But what a great 10,000 miles they must be.
How interesting; I'm looking at getting rid of mine in the spring! My lady and I have determined the money is better spent on a better equipped vehicle rather than trying to fulfill my dream of installing a supercharger. Postings will come soon, though mine isn't having any problems smog or otherwise - I just want AWD and heated seats, something a little classier than the Civic.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

That's correct. Few locations in Maryland :thumbsup:
How does that even work? The emission places I had to go to always had the car on a machine like a dyno roller, and the technician drove the car at like 25/35/55 for a while they collected exhaust gasses to capture emission data.

How does that even work? The emission places I had to go to always had the car on a machine like a dyno roller, and the technician drove the car at like 25/35/55 for a while they collected exhaust gasses to capture emission data.

MD emissions testing is a joke, the workers just plug in a obd2 scanner and if there are no lights and the readiness codes are set you pass. They wave a mirror under the car but its just for show

The self serve kiosk is just a computer and a obd2 plug to bypass the emissions worker, i tried using it once and it was out of order

ph-ac-cn-veip-kiosk-0822-20150821.jpg

Crazy. I think it was $30-35 when I had to do it. Yours is just $10.

That's how Maryland works... All about getting your money.

Anyways here is a video of how it works.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKUPbakJlAc
We have the same thing here in Ohio, except it's even more inane because the first 3 tests are free! Nearly every county has voted to get rid of testing entirely, except the ones containing and surrounding Cleveland, as it has proven to be just that: a cash grab from those that don't have the money to get their cars serviced regularly. Hopefully it will be gone entirely in the next few years.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

In Delaware the actual test is free. You have to bring your car to the dmv and have the worker test it. Pre obdII get the sniffer and post get the plugin. As long as your not throwing a code and your redy checks are good you pass. They don’t even look under the car.

The renewal is where they screw us here. 40 bucks a year and a maximum of a 2 year renewal on anything older than 5 years.

Here in cali we basically get rectal exams by the smog bros if ur car looks the slightest bit modified.

Back