2012 CBP FG4

Still no update on the battery relocation front. I really don't want to go through the hassle of moving it to the trunk but dangit if it doesn't seem like that's the only option. That is next to buying a full intake kit just for the tray. :eek:

Pulled the trigger on the tune purchase so I have it when I'm ready. Still on the fence about doing a DP. If I do, it won't be catless, so the question is what kind of gains are to be had with a catted DP? I may just do it and know that I'm gonna have to swap it back out for smog... Decisions, Decisions.

upload_2019-12-3_8-33-29.png

etunez did my stock tune. fully recommend them, worth the money. took 8 revisions.

etunez did my stock tune. fully recommend them, worth the money. took 8 revisions.

They seem pretty knowledgeable over there, and I'm already seeing some of the great customer service that everyone speaks of. I'd missed the BF sale, so Dan was nice enough to hook me up with another coupon code to use. Wasn't quite 20% but he didn't have to give me shiz, so I appreciate it.

They seem pretty knowledgeable over there, and I'm already seeing some of the great customer service that everyone speaks of. I'd missed the BF sale, so Dan was nice enough to hook me up with another coupon code to use. Wasn't quite 20% but he didn't have to give me shiz, so I appreciate it.

yeah, they gave me some coupon options when i purchased my flashpro and tune through them. always willing to answer any questions after the tune is done too. the only issue i have with my tune is the rough running on cold starts for like 5 seconds. steve said it was due to tuning using speed density instead of maf sensor. i confirmed this was the tune causing it on the weekend when i loaded a off of flashpro for the prl intake and it started and ran smooth on cold start. but other than that the power it made stock with the tune is awesome.

I remember reading in an old acuity cold air intake thread that they were planning on selling the battery relocate kit seperate. I don't see it on their site but might be worth emailing and asking about it.

I remember reading in an old acuity cold air intake thread that they were planning on selling the battery relocate kit seperate. I don't see it on their site but might be worth emailing and asking about it.
Right on. Good looking out. I'll shoot them an email for sure.

yeah, they gave me some coupon options when i purchased my flashpro and tune through them. always willing to answer any questions after the tune is done too. the only issue i have with my tune is the rough running on cold starts for like 5 seconds. steve said it was due to tuning using speed density instead of maf sensor. i confirmed this was the tune causing it on the weekend when i loaded a off of flashpro for the prl intake and it started and ran smooth on cold start. but other than that the power it made stock with the tune is awesome.
So you say the flashpro tune for plr was better than your tune at e-ztune for 5 secs?

So you say the flashpro tune for plr was better than your tune at e-ztune for 5 secs?

Yeah. Something about speed density is hard to tune for cold starts. The prl intake tune on flashpro would most likely be tuned using maf.

I just realized k tuned sells a battery tray. Have you looked in to that?

Thanks man! I've seen that tray in searches before, but I think it was only being labeled as 8th gen. It looks like it hangs from the K-Tuned CAI though. I guess I could find somewhere else to attach it.

upload_2019-12-11_16-59-53.png

Says it's for 8th and 9th gen. Can't find any pictures of how it mounts but says you need aftermarket clutch line since it puts it in front of the trans.

Can't imagine its held only by the intake. Battery weighs a lot.

I have a ton of heavy gauge wire. We can relocate it to the back lol. Not sure if I mentioned that already.

I have a ton of heavy gauge wire. We can relocate it to the back lol. Not sure if I mentioned that already.

That's at the bottom of the list since I feel like there's more room for me to eff something up, but still an option.

Acuity got back to me. They'll sell the tray alone for $127 shipped. Kinda sucks since the PRL kit was about the same, but had the clutch line included.

just make your own battery tray. A lot cheaper and just as good.:popcorn::lildevil:

That's at the bottom of the list since I feel like there's more room for me to eff something up, but still an option.

Acuity got back to me. They'll sell the tray alone for $127 shipped. Kinda sucks since the PRL kit was about the same, but had the clutch line included.
you dont need a clutch line for the acuity tray though.

you dont need a clutch line for the acuity tray though.
Yeah, I know. Just kinda sucks as I intended to replace the line anyway. I hear that the line coupled with either CDV delete, or the ktuned slave/master kit is the tits.

Yeah, I know. Just kinda sucks as I intended to replace the line anyway. I hear that the line coupled with either CDV delete, or the ktuned slave/master kit is the tits.

i plan on getting the k tuned kit next winter. ive always hated the way the clutch engages on these cars. im just so used to 90s honda clutches from over the years.

Back