Official Computer Talk Thread

Nice! I liked my 212 EVO CPU cooler that I had. For how inexpensive it is it definitely cooled the CPU nicely!

I almost bought the liquid cooling system, but then I read on PC forums that somtimes it gets really loud and noisy and I didn't want that to happen with my computer. So I bought EVO cooler.

I almost bought the liquid cooling system, but then I read on PC forums that somtimes it gets really loud and noisy and I didn't want that to happen with my computer. So I bought EVO cooler.
Which liquid CPU cooler?

Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM

I have the h100i!

I was not a fan of the stock Corsair SP120L fans. I replaced them with the Noctua fans (not the most beautiful but you can't see inside my case anyways). I have the Noctua fans running at around 800 rpm's compared to the Corsair SP120L's that were running 1350 RPM's. I did notice lower temps with the switch of fans even though I'm running at slow/lower RPM's.

Did it make sense to buy the h100i and then replace the fans? Financially it probably didn't but I sold the Corsair SP120L's for $30/pair and bought the Noctua's for $40/pair. In my opinion it was worth it to have the better/quieter fans for an extra $10. I did get the H100i on sale for I believe $80 but it still doesn't compare (cost wise) to the 212 EVO (I bought it for $30.)

Temperature wise I did notice a lower CPU temp with the H100i vs the 212EVO (Roughly 5C or 41F difference) that with my CPU overclocked from 3.4Ghz to 4.2Ghz (Core i5 3570k). I'm sure it varies by CPU, case, fan setup, ect.

Edit: HOLY BIG PICTURES BATMAN. It doesn't auto-shrink them? :(

^^
I honestly don't know why that pic is so big. haha I took that picture with my LG G3 and then upload it to flickr. Hopefully mods can fix that.

^^
I honestly don't know why that pic is so big. haha I took that picture with my LG G3 and then upload it to flickr. Hopefully mods can fix that.

I removed the pictures for now. I think the forum software for pictures needed to be edited/changed so that it auto-shrink's pictures. I dunno.. The pictures I posted above were from my cell phone and then uploaded to IMGUR :/

I think my old graphics card is dying slowly.:( Last night I was playing Sniper warrior 2 and the temp. was around 86 degrees. Then I played Euro Truck 2 and both fans were really loud too. Occasionally when gaming the screen goes black. The driver is up to date btw. I did 3dmark testing and it went fine, but the screen was black a few times. BTW my GPU is AMD Radeon HD 7900 I bought it last year in May. Is it time to buy the GTX 980?:confused:

I think my old graphics card is dying slowly.:( Last night I was playing Sniper warrior 2 and the temp. was around 86 degrees. Then I played Euro Truck 2 and both fans were really loud too. Occasionally when gaming the screen goes black. The driver is up to date btw. I did 3dmark testing and it went fine, but the screen was black a few times. BTW my GPU is AMD Radeon HD 7900 I bought it last year in May. Is it time to buy the GTX 980?:confused:

What model 7900? (7950? 7970? 7990?) Also what brand? XFX? Sapphire? HIS?

XFX - "The limited hardware warranty for Graphics Cards lasts for a time period of two years."
Sapphire - "Sapphire VGA products carry a 2 year warranty"
HIS - Per Newegg -> "Limited Warranty period (parts): 2 years - Limited Warranty period (labor): 2 years"

I probably don't need it now. What else do you recommend?

I probably don't need it now. What else do you recommend?

Depends on what you are using your PC for... Personally I have the GTX 770 and it plays the games (BF4 mainly - but some other games) I play fine.

I have this particular one -> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130946&cm_re=GTX_770-_-14-130-946-_-Product but you can get the 4GB version for $50 more (I didn't find it necessary for my needs nor was the difference only $50) -> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130948&cm_re=GTX_770-_-14-130-948-_-Product

Right now I play Asseto Corsa and Sniper Warrior 2. Future games on my list are project cars, GTA 5, The Crew, Possibly the new Call of Duty too.

Right now I play Asseto Corsa and Sniper Warrior 2. Future games on my list are project cars, GTA 5, The Crew, Possibly the new Call of Duty too.

Seems like a GTX 980 is overkill IMO... That's just me. I'm also a cheap *** :giggle:

It's a nice card. Pretty much same card as I have but the 780 version (also 3GB instead of 2GB). Great reviews also!

Get it and also go through warranty process with Sapphire!

It's a nice card. Pretty much same card as I have but the 780 version (also 3GB instead of 2GB). Great reviews also!

Get it and also go through warranty process with Sapphire!

I doubt they will do anything about it. I was reading on toms hardware that other users were also having similar issues and they refused to do anything.

Back