Official Computer Talk Thread

I will call Sapphire tomorrow and see what the gonna tell me. I'm not willing to buy a new card when the one I have now still can handle current games on max settings.

I will call Sapphire tomorrow and see what the gonna tell me. I'm not willing to buy a new card when the one I have now still can handle current games on max settings.
File a complaint with bbb.org if they won't honor their warranty. That's bs.

I agree. Its not like its 3+ years old. Its roughly a year old.

Where did you buy it from? Newegg?

I agree. Its not like its 3+ years old. Its roughly a year old.

Where did you buy it from? Newegg?

Newegg with 15% off coupon and 3 games were included. Maybe that's why my card is already falling apart.:bleh:

Still.. I'd be pissed.

Trust me I'm not happy about it. I can still play games and stuff, but the black screen is showing up randomly. The other day I was watching videos on YT and all of the sudden gray screen appeared on the monitor.:hyper: BTW I sent them an e-mail and will call them when I get home. It says 24/7 support on their site

They might either give me another GPU or try to "fix" my card. I need get the serial # of my card and invoice then send it to them.

I was thinking about it more. I was considering the driver but if it's reaching 86C then it's a cooling issue that is causing the black screen. From the sources I've been reading 80-85C is maximum operating temperature. I'm a temperature nut and have Open Hardware Monitor running 24/7 on my 2nd monitor which is monitoring temps (CPU/GPU/ect) while in-game (and not).

I can't find a definite answer from ATi unlike nVidia which states it on their website.

IE: For my card GTX 770 max GPU temp is 98C.
http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-770/specifications

If you pop your case open, how does the fan look on the card? Much dust or anything on it? Can you blast it with some compressed air to see if you can clean it some?

If you pop your case open, how does the fan look on the card? Much dust or anything on it? Can you blast it with some compressed air to see if you can clean it some?

Yeah that's worth a shot. Didn't think of that because I clean out my PC every few weeks. I'm anal about it. Also I'm worried my cat's hair will get in there.

I've seen some horrible fans over the years. Sometimes the fan gets so clogged it will barely even spin, or the fan dies & won't spin at all.

Might be like this!

dirty_computer_2_813117663.jpg

You have no idea how many I've cleaned that looked as bad or worse than that over the years. I'll see if I can find a pic of a projector I did not too long ago

You have no idea how many I've cleaned that looked as bad or worse than that over the years. I'll see if I can find a pic of a projector I did not too long ago

Oh I believe you. I had one today that was pretty bad (not as bad as that picture tho). See at my job these PC's have been out in the field for 6-8 years... Never cleaned out or moved. Some of the PC's are in areas that are very dusty to begin with.

thought I had a better shot of when I had it totally disassembled, but no luck. Rather disappointing. The main fan was insane on this.... but you can't really see anything besides the main heat sink here.

proj.jpg

It's super clean inside my case. I use the air spray can every Saturday and also vacuum inside the case too.

I've seen so many dusty computers inside and outside that is mind blowing. Especially the ones that are in the warehouse always running 24/7.

So Sapphire wants me to send my graphics card for warranty work. Now I will have to pay for shipping and get insurance for the package. It's going to be sent to Althon Micro. in CA and they are not responsible for any damage or lost. I will be stuck for God knows how long with Intel graphics. What do you folks think?

Back