Official 'What did you do to your car today?' Thread

Last edited:
I installed rubber shims(isolators) between the springs and adjusters of my KW V3s (rear). With only the top isolators, I can feel every bit of these NJ roads. Lol.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

I also had my car inspected this morning. The people in the DMV were so confused when they saw my heat wrapped Berk with HFC. They were also looking at the engine bay. Those guys had the most confusing look and kept driving it back and forth over the floor mounted camera. At least one of them knew what heat wrapping is and knew the high flow was after market. The car passed, but it wasn't a smooth inspection process.

Not allowed anything aftermarket? Even with a HFC?
The car passed, so it was allowed. The guys were just confused about the heat wrap and what they saw in the engine bay. Im not sure what they need to look for in the engine bay though. It's a new protocol for the NJ DMV.

I bought the shim from RedShift. I had to trim it a bit since the OD was way too large.
uploadfromtaptalk1460844662706.jpg

Installed HIC visors on side and rear!
a61bee83b654587a9042fc61558b24d1.jpg

cdcf61b150a8c8655ad1a04f560c0d67.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I covered my rear deck in sound deadening, but I broke some of these clips and need to buy more
adf360cd0f1d3833b8200e06617a9afd.jpg

I found a dozen different kinds on Amazon and am having trouble confirming the right clips. Anyone know for sure which ones?
At least the rear deck lid doesn't rattle anymore

I covered my rear deck in sound deadening, but I broke some of these clips and need to buy more
I found a dozen different kinds on Amazon and am having trouble confirming the right clips. Anyone know for sure which ones?

Why wouldn't you just go to your local Honda dealer and buy them @13blacksedan? They're just little plastic clips so they can't be that expensive.

adf360cd0f1d3833b8200e06617a9afd.jpg

Home Depot/lowes supposedly carry them. So you could match them up with the broken ones maybe? Someone said autozone type places keep them as well if you don't want to deal with your dealership.

Congrats[emoji106]
Where did you get the tires installed at? Weird they couldn't use the lifts for your car.
It was a local Discount Tire. I'm really good friends with the staff there, and in their defense, all of their lifts were in use. I just got a kick outta the situation. And as far as the BFG's go in the handling department hands on ... they're outstanding (wet/dry)!

Sent from hidden dimensions while hiding from the "man"

Looks awesome man! Im really debating on an extension, I bet shifting fells alot better now

Some people hate on it, but unless you like digging around in the bottom of the cupholders to shift, there's really no comparison. The Dimes Performance knob is really countersunk, and the 3" extension I had before was too shot, so I had to get the longer one made. I love the feeling of having the shift knob up high like that. You should do it!! There's no going back once you've tried it.

Back