2010 SI coupe vs 2011 WRX hatch vs 2012 SI sedan

You guys will be fine.

Imagine driving up in a Viper to autox. You get to the line with the entire site watching as vipers are ultra rare to autox in CT....then roll through the course at 15mph
....like I said, you'll be fine :)

-Keith
'11 WRX (31k mi) & '99 2.3CL (41k mi)
ROFL oh man that's hilarious.

As per requested from Webby, I'm copying over my personal comparison/review of these 3 vehicles. I've owned all 3, started with the 2010 coupe, a year later went to a 2011 wrx hatch thinking I'd love it, and did at first, but after a few months I thought I made a mistake, and a year and a half later I decided to go back to an SI, this time a 2012. These 3 cars tend to be compared a lot and cross shopped, so this may help some prospective buyers.

Here's my thoughts on each of them:

If I were to compare the three (2010 coupe, 2011 wrx hatch, and my incoming 2012 sedan) on a basis of 0-10, with 10 being best, 0 being worst, FOR THEIR PRICE (ie. giving a wrx 10/10 for acceleration is 10/10 for the price bracket) it would look something like this:

2010 Si Coupe:
styling - 8/10 (subjective)
comfort - 7/10 (seat/steering wheel position)
interior ergonomics - 8.5/10 (everything was in great position, lots of console storage)
handling (daily driving/normal) - 8.5/10
handling (back roads/fast) - 8.5/10
acceleration - 7/10
shifting/clutch - 10/10
comfort features - 7/10 (sunroof/stereo system/etc)
utility/usage - 5/10 (narrow trunk opening, narrow passthrough, horrible to get items/people into and out of rear seat)
maintenance/cost of upkeep -9/10 (again this is for THIS price bracket of small sporty cars)
total: 78.5 / 100

2011 WRX hatch:
styling - 9/10 (subjective)
comfort - 5.5/10 (steering wheel is meh, suspension is rock hard and uncomfortable)
interior ergonomics - 7/10 (solid reach for everything, but zero storage)
handling (daily driving/normal) - 7/10 (felt heavy in normal driving)
handling (back roads/fast) - 9/10 (AWD is sticky as fawk)
acceleration - 10/10 (NOTHING under 30k comes close)
shifting/clutch - 5/10 stock (7/10 modified short shifter/bushings) stiff and difficult to shift, poor clutch uptake and too heavy
comfort features - 3/10 (no sunroof, AWFUL stereo, no fogs, poor interior lighting options, seats were meh)
utility/usage - 10/10 (hatchback versatility, AWD)
maintenance/cost of upkeep - 6/10 (expensive oil changes, expensive maintenance, awful gas mileage)
total: 71.5 / 100

2012 Si sedan (these numbers are gleaned from 150 miles so far and other reviews online)
styling - 8.5/10 (personally i think the 9th gen is a visual upgrade from the 8th, subjective though)
comfort - 7.5/10 (0.5 point upgrade for improved headroom from coupe)
interior ergonomics - 8.5/10 (i liked where everything was, though has less sorage than the 8th gen, but improved visibility and I love the new gauges/display screens)
handing (daily driving/normal) - 8.5/10
handling (back roads/fast) - 8.5/10 (going with same #'s, feltgood on test drives, and reviews say its about equiv to 8th gen)
acceleration - 8/10 (smoother than my 8th by 100% in daily driving. I miss the hard VTEC crossover with the scream, but according to most website reviews the 9th is a good 0.25-0.5 sec faster to 60mph, which is neglicable in a butt dyno)
shifting/clutch 10/10 (id go higher if i could haha)
comfort/features - 8/10 (same as previous civic, though the i-mid is a nice change, the bluetooth after 3 days is 10000% better than the one in my WRX, my girlfriend and my friend couldn't even tell I was on bluetooth, before they'd complain I sounded robotic)
utility/usage - 8/10 (4 doors and a trunk ftw)
maintenance/cost of upkeep - 9.5/10 (giving a 0.5 upgrade over 8th gen due to the slight fuel econ increase)
total: 85/100

overall solid upgrade, and yes it's a speed compromise from my WRX, but I know I'm going to love it, and have no regrets so far, about to go on a 400+ mile round trip 2 day vacation to lake George, so I'll be getting a solid amount of driving in the next couple of days, and if any changes arise I'll let you know.

Reading this makes me want to go to the dealership right now. Haha so glad I finally got a new job so I can start saving. :brock:

Back