2012 Civic Coupe EX Build

Verzerrung

Yucaipa, CA
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Coupe
Hello everyone! Never done a build thread before, but thought I would give it a shot and show off what I put on the car and learn from all the other users through the process. I'm aiming for a daily driver with style and comfort 50/50 I put about 30k on the car a year. After I have done what I'm content with I would like to do a few little mods such as exhaust and Cold Air Intake somewhere along the line.

Interior
- Map/Dome Interior LED

Exterior
- License Plate LED Lighting
- Blinking Brake Lights
- Window Visors (Their pretty cheap, looking for a better pair)
- Gold Lug Nuts (Not staying)
- Skunk2 Lowering Springs
- TruHart Shocks

Wanted Modifications List:
- Rims (Possibly Enkei)
- Swap 12' tail lights for the 14's
- Cold Air Intake
- SPEC-D Projector Headlights
- Sun Tint Strip
- Neo Chrome Lug Nuts
- KENWOOD DDX9903S
- OEM Trunk Tray
- Footwell LED's
- Civic Badges
- Side Markers
- Rear Diffuser
- Front Lip
- LED Fog Lights

Does anyone know how to remove hard water spots on paint and windows? Tried vinegar, no luck. It's on there pretty good.

cHb4wTs.jpg

4qCK5Ww.jpg

GwHoCjU.jpg

Sorry for the bad photos, she is basic, but hopefully I can get her looking nice soon.

Last edited:
you can use it on glass, yes. It's not the product he used in the video. You'd need to put any type of wax/sealant or whatever you like after using that product I linked above. That's purely to level the paint and remove swirls/blemishes etc. If you have wax you already have, you can apply that after ultimate compound, or you can buy that jetseal they use. Whatever you'd like.

Thanks! I'll see if I can get around to trying this out sometime this week and post the results.

I was thinking about it and I may go ahead and lower her before proceeding with anything else. I have had her for nearly two years and really want to lower her even if it just by an inch, but at the same time I want more than that. I was reviewing the thread for springs and I was looking at the Skunk 2 Springs and the 2 inch drop for $186 ish. Are these any good and can they be adjusted? I didn't see a photo for the springs. Either lowering or some rims, but likely hood of finding some good ones for cheap is not likely and I don't want to rush into that.

Last edited:
Springs cannot be adjusted. Coilovers give you the ability to change the ride height, but cost around 1k dollars versus springs which run around 200.

I have the skunk2’s and I love the drop. Might be a bit low for some people but I can get by most road obstacles ( driveways, speed bumps etc.) no problem. There’s some pics in my build thread. I’m satisfied and I’ve put 20k plus miles on them. This was last week.
D804B0D5-B35B-46D5-B02E-99D89E595A95.jpeg

For sure man! That's quite a drop, hopefully it won't be too much in the area I live in. Surprise dips all over the place.

Some photos of my civic after a wash and wax. Still doesn't look very great, but thought I would get some more photos of her up.
QReMMym.jpg

CQk08KN.jpg

LYVTgwP.jpg

NekXfDv.jpg

nVGyuD9.jpg

CTvldJB.jpg

kXB5tny.jpg

Ldea9MG.jpg

rOKnlpi.jpg

MwNPxfz.jpg

TCmjhGO.jpg

Water spots are still there and I have a few dents here and there. Sorry for the large photos.

So this coming week I will be redoing my suspension since stock height is ugly and my shocks are blown. I will be getting the Skunk2 springs and the TruHart shocks. I know by lowering it this low I may need a camber kit and I need some guidance on what to buy and everything I'm going to need as the whole camber thing is very foreign to me. I'm still covered under warranty with Pep Boys for an alignment so that's great. However, they did explain to me that my toe was out of factory setting and they couldn't fix everything 100%, but here is a photo of how she was after my alignment. I don't really know what any of this means or how bad it is, but she does pull.

Before was with old tires
After was with new tires

YV33My7.jpg

Last edited:
Was your car ever in a wreck?
Not that I am aware of. Only wreck I have ever been in was when I was in the military someone pulled out in front of me trying to go the opposite direction and I clipped him on his driver rear. Damage to my driver front near the headlight. No frame damage however.

Last edited:
@Verzerrung answering your pm here -

front bolts for camber needed - (comes with 2 bolts which you need)
Amazon product
View: https://www.amazon.com/Specialty-Products-Company-81260-Alignment/dp/B000CB2GOU/

you'll need 2 of these for the rear-

Amazon product
View: https://www.amazon.com/Dorman-521-872-Control-Arm/dp/B00GJ1OP00/

They are listed as "dorman" camber arms, but they are spc. Countless users have purchased them, and they have spc molded into the arm.

with a 2" drop you'll be out of spec for camber, so I'd order those parts above. When you get your alignment, they should actually be able to correct some of your values that are out of spec.

truhart -
EZvLIRe.jpg

left two shocks will go in the rear, and the two on the right will be your front struts.

Thank you for the fast response, Webby! I'll go ahead and order these and will update this thread when she is all set up!

Got my Springs today along with the camber bolts! Also got the microphone since mine went out... so much better now! Still waiting for my shocks and camber kit. Only downside is I have no power tools for taking off the spring.

pZylraJ.jpg

Back