2012+ Civic Downpipe List With Product Info & Links

Discussion in 'Exhaust & Downpipes' started by webby, Feb 13, 2013.

1. webby
    • Staff
    • 2019 Toys For Tots

webby Administrator

I can't think what users have it here, but I've not seen anyone say anything about washers or rattling.

2. EddieSi12

EddieSi12 Well-Known Member

how'd you end up liking that pipe and exhaust combo?

3. squiggy
    • Staff
    • 2019 Toys For Tots

squiggy Cartographer

Vehicle Model:
    '12 Civic Si
    Body Style:
    DBP II Coupe
    I still love it 3.5 years later especially paired with the RPL short ram intake.

EddieSi12 likes this.
  4. dpetro1

dpetro1 Well-Known Member

do you ever think its a bit too loud? sometimes it bugs me but not enough to make a change or anything.

5. squiggy
    • Staff
    • 2019 Toys For Tots

squiggy Cartographer

Vehicle Model:
    '12 Civic Si
    Body Style:
    DBP II Coupe
    Nah, but I ride a motorcycle as well. Passengers on the other hand...

Ron Flood and dpetro1 like this.
  6. ISOOEFKU

ISOOEFKU Well-Known Member

Im late to the party
    does anyone have the Megan racing down pipe for the 1.8?
    Im not building a race car but if I can squeeze a little more performance out of the old girl...

7. webby
    • Staff
    • 2019 Toys For Tots

webby Administrator

8. Nix

Nix J├Âtunn Moderator

Body Style:
    It's A Fast Pig!
    @ISOOEFKU - Look into the RV6 R18 down pipe. Probably the nicest one out there at the moment.

https://www.rv6-p.com/civic-18/9th-gen-2012-/

You should also really look into getting FlashPro for your car if you're going to run parts like this. Costly but well worth it. Also, a new DP, especially the non-catted ones, are quite a bit louder than stock. Just be ready.

Ron Flood likes this.
  9. Ron Flood

Ron Flood Well-Known Member

Vehicle Model:
    EX
    Body Style:
    Sedan
    I put a 8th gen PLM header(cat delete) into my 2012 EX and it rocks pretty hard, but like already said, really needs a tune(otherwise your engine will run lean)... also keep in mind the stock downpipe is too small, so will have to buy and install a larger diameter downpipe. 8th gen headers are so plentiful and cheap, don't know why anyone would pay any more for a 9th gen header... I personally have had zero issues with it, with the exception of just being a pain to install due to so many bolt on points. I think with a stock or regular muffler you'd probably be fine, but I have a Tsudo cat back and it definitely needs its silencer installed, otherwise it sounds like a small aircraft taking off... But it definitely makes a difference after 5K. And also know you'll need to buy a O2 sensor spacer, its always plus plus plus, just be warned... There is nothing worse than buying one thing only to find out you need to buy another before you can install it... ;)

Nix likes this.