stormCIVIC fg3

You know you want them on your car as well.:eyebrows:

****NEW MODS COMING SOON for stormCIVIC****
megan-racing-downpipe-honda-civic-ex-dx-lx-MR-SSDP-HC12-500x500.jpg

^ Megan Racing Downpipe

s-l1600.jpg

^ front drilled and slotted brake rotors and new brake pads

Last edited:
Allright so I've had a minute to type out a reply to that exhaust component......

First - Thats not a down pipe. I see they say it deletes the cat, but it does not. The cat is not in that part of the piping.

What size is the "down pipe"? 2.25"? Thats stock sizing. Its going to only be a short section of essentially mid-mid-pipe from the end of the cat to the actual exhaust mid-pipe. Thats not really a power bottleneck on these cars. The cat itself is the choke point on the exhaust. Are you looking for more power or more sound?

The Megans had a bad issue on the 8th gen R18s. Their original design was too short and people had constant leaks at the gaskets. Hopefully this is an updated design. If its not any larger than 2.25" it is the same as the stock piece in that location. That particular piece was made simply to bolt up easier to their "header"/test pipe. I'm surprised they are selling it separately. I also don't see them selling their test pipe anymore. I know on the 8th gens there were a lot of leaking/crack issues.

If you really want to spend some $$ on your car, I would highly recommend considering a high flow weld in cat and a custom 2.5" exhaust.

That megan piece just replaces the E-4 (#7 to #10) at the front. The actual "down pipe" on your car will be the cat and replacing that with a test pipe or "header" is where the power is hiding.

0efa0848342611e441c5c7a576ffb7ad.gif

The bottom of the cat, B-2, is where that Megan pipe is going to bolt up. Its not gonna do much though. Get it if you want, I just don't want you to waste money on something that won't do what you expect it to.

9eec81637ea03a9409da0b7a2abfedea.gif

Allright so I've had a minute to type out a reply to that exhaust component......

First - Thats not a down pipe. I see they say it deletes the cat, but it does not. The cat is not in that part of the piping.

What size is the "down pipe"? 2.25"? Thats stock sizing. Its going to only be a short section of essentially mid-mid-pipe from the end of the cat to the actual exhaust mid-pipe. Thats not really a power bottleneck on these cars. The cat itself is the choke point on the exhaust. Are you looking for more power or more sound?

The Megans had a bad issue on the 8th gen R18s. Their original design was too short and people had constant leaks at the gaskets. Hopefully this is an updated design. If its not any larger than 2.25" it is the same as the stock piece in that location. That particular piece was made simply to bolt up easier to their "header"/test pipe. I'm surprised they are selling it separately. I also don't see them selling their test pipe anymore. I know on the 8th gens there were a lot of leaking/crack issues.

If you really want to spend some $$ on your car, I would highly recommend considering a high flow weld in cat and a custom 2.5" exhaust.

That megan piece just replaces the E-4 (#7 to #10) at the front. The actual "down pipe" on your car will be the cat and replacing that with a test pipe or "header" is where the power is hiding.

0efa0848342611e441c5c7a576ffb7ad.gif

The bottom of the cat, B-2, is where that Megan pipe is going to bolt up. Its not gonna do much though. Get it if you want, I just don't want you to waste money on something that won't do what you expect it to.

9eec81637ea03a9409da0b7a2abfedea.gif
So do i need to buy the dc sports stainless exhaust header. also you think it will feel a noticable loudness and power?
s-l1600.jpg

Reactions: Nix
^downpipe for r18's since they currently only offer the si downpipe.

The DC "header" is a much better choice. Those "headers" are super loud so be ready for that. Pair that with a decent 2.5" exhaust and you should be able to feel the difference. That mid pipe you posted earlier then becomes the bottleneck but, you should go to a good exhaust shop and have that piece custom made with flex pipe at that point. The Megan one is stock diameter or barely larger. ID vs OD. I think a high flow cat is a better option but then you need to buy a header and cut the flanges off so its a custom PITA job.

Start with the DC test pipe and a decent intake and pick up the R18 FP.

If there was a way to get those flanges cheaper i would say to go the custom hi flow cat with 2.5" exhaust, vibrant resonator and muffler. I like the way this guys car sounds for being an R18:

EDIT: I have the part numbers from Vibrant if you want to recreate their R18 catback system. They discontinued it but you can have custom piping made and end up with the same setup.

EDIT2: So what's your end goal for the car? Anything in particular you're after?

The DC "header" is a much better choice. Those "headers" are super loud so be ready for that. Pair that with a decent 2.5" exhaust and you should be able to feel the difference. That mid pipe you posted earlier then becomes the bottleneck but, you should go to a good exhaust shop and have that piece custom made with flex pipe at that point. The Megan one is stock diameter or barely larger. ID vs OD. I think a high flow cat is a better option but then you need to buy a header and cut the flanges off so its a custom PITA job.

Start with the DC test pipe and a decent intake and pick up the R18 FP.

If there was a way to get those flanges cheaper i would say to go the custom hi flow cat with 2.5" exhaust, vibrant resonator and muffler. I like the way this guys car sounds for being an R18:

EDIT: I have the part numbers from Vibrant if you want to recreate their R18 catback system. They discontinued it but you can have custom piping made and end up with the same setup.

EDIT2: So what's your end goal for the car? Anything in particular you're after?

im fine with loud. and also the video you showed doesnt sound too crazy loud. and it sounds great. very sporty tone and not rattlecan sound. i like it. and yeah i have a nice 2.5 flowmaster on right now so yeah it should be nice. also its direct fit so i wont need to buy anything else to make it fit.

question: i might sound dumb but i figured id make sure. its not going to effect my ability to pass emissions test?

not a clue.... maybe wait to see what rv6 provides as an option. They said they almost set to release a downpipe

Yeah, thats the unfortunate part of those test pipe "headers." You will not pass emissions. Thats why I recommend the high flow cat but that is a problem in itself. You have to have the flange at the top to bolt to your exhaust port and its kind of Honda specific so you can't just have some shop fab one up for you. Cheapest route is to buy the DC or whoever test pipe and have it cut and weld a cat section into it.

You can get high flow convertors from several places online. You would just need to measure and make sure the length fits the space between the curve at the top and the lower egr port.

Procivic have two different cats to choose from. Both are weld in types. Its definitely not a part you want to have to install/remove/reinstallstockcat/redo for emissions. That is a pain.

http://www.procivic.com/pages-product_car_part_info/category-70_168/product-513/index.html

They are soon to release an R18 specific header/downpipe. Might be worth waiting for especially if they have a catted option.

Back