stormCIVIC fg3

so my rear springs squeak loudly alot now. when its barely cold it will squeak but when the weather is like 75*F + it doesnt. they are Tein S-tech springs. there not but a year old so this should not be happening. how do i quiet them?

had the sway bar bushings greased and that did not fix it. what now?
I had the same issue with squeaking in the back, turned out to be the camber arms.
It'll be a little bit of work but grease inside these 2 areas, and it'll go away.
ee2c8037f69661686e33ee1b558f35ad.jpg

I had the same issue with squeaking in the back, turned out to be the camber arms.
It'll be a little bit of work but grease inside these 2 areas, and it'll go away.
ee2c8037f69661686e33ee1b558f35ad.jpg
wait wont i have to have my alignment redone? do you have to grease yours once a year? i think im going to do that.

wait wont i have to have my alignment redone? do you have to grease yours once a year? i think im going to do that.
As long as you don't touch the adjustment nuts behind the bottom bushing, no need for an alignment. And I only greased mine once and it's been almost 3 years now without the squeaking.

As long as you don't touch the adjustment nuts behind the bottom bushing, no need for an alignment. And I only greased mine once and it's been almost 3 years now without the squeaking.
okay so I went to the honda dealership and they said they didnt have the right grease for aftermarket camber arms.
what type of grease do i need?
do I need to remove the camber arms and grease the inside where the bolts go or can i grease them while they are on the car?

Silicone spray. It won't be as effective as removing the arm, pulling the c-clips, and removing the upper pin and greasing it. As long as you don't change the length of the arm you can remove and reinstall it without issue. If you don't want to bother any rubber safe spray type lube should work.

The dealer was probably thinking about the threaded end. Thats a steel insert into an aluminum arm and should have been properly greased before assembly with anti-sieze. If not, they've just become a set it and forget it piece.

EDIT: Which arms did you get?

If you have a skunk2 or Buddy club style steel/aluminum arm:

This is a long discussion as far as anti-size and mixing multiple metals goes but the "best" anti-size you can get for this particular application, including the threaded ends, is a nickel based A/S compound. You are putting a threaded steel end into an aluminum "arm" in an area that sees a lot of heat, dirt, and moisture.

You should look for either:

Permatex 77134 Nickel Anti-Sieze Lubricant

or 77124

Or a Zinc base. Loctite makes one.
Loctite Zinc Anti-Seize is #39901

Silicone spray. It won't be as effective as removing the arm, pulling the c-clips, and removing the upper pin and greasing it. As long as you don't change the length of the arm you can remove and reinstall it without issue. If you don't want to bother any rubber safe spray type lube should work.

The dealer was probably thinking about the threaded end. Thats a steel insert into an aluminum arm and should have been properly greased before assembly with anti-sieze. If not, they've just become a set it and forget it piece.

EDIT: Which arms did you get?
emusa
s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Yup. Steel insert into aluminum arm. The threaded end should have been anti-siezed but don't take it apart now. Just spray the pin end with silicone. It should free up and hopefully stop squeaking. Same with where the bolt passes through the head by the knuckle.

Yup. Steel insert into aluminum arm. The threaded end should have been anti-siezed but don't take it apart now. Just spray the pin end with silicone. It should free up and hopefully stop squeaking. Same with where the bolt passes through the head by the knuckle.
so i do not need to un bolt it from the car? can i just grease gun it while its still bolted on?

Get silicone spray. Don't use a grease gun, the stuff will be too thick and it'll just make a mess.

Get silicone spray. Don't use a grease gun, the stuff will be too thick and it'll just make a mess.
i already used some wd40 and the squeak is gone. i drove it on a fire call and hit some bumps and not a peep out of the rear now. do i still need go in and remove the camber arms later and silicone grease them or will wd40 do the job? because it works fine now.

i already used some wd40 and the squeak is gone. i drove it on a fire call and hit some bumps and not a peep out of the rear now. do i still need go in and remove the camber arms later and silicone grease them or will wd40 do the job? because it works fine now.
by the way i did order some silicone spray from amazon that will be here on Wednesday. I plan on getting underneathe the car then and rinsing down the camberarms with the hose and just clearing any dirt and also to remove the wd40 aswell. and then spary on the silicone spray.

Reactions: Nix
That sounds like a good plan. The WD40 isn't a lubricant.
yeah i know. was using at a diagnostic tool. but yeah im just going to get under the car and spray down the two spots on the camber arms that need it. and call it a fix. hopefully it will fix it. if not then i will fix it later with my friend who is a mechanic and we will remove the camber arms and grease the two areas. but hopefully the spray down will work

Back