2012 Civic EX 5MT or 2013 LX 5MT ??

American Honda is running a similar special on certified used Civics as well, but OP didn't mention if it was a certified car or not. i know dealers will discount used 2012s, but depending on the used Si's mileage, the new 2012 EX might still be cheaper than the used 2012 Si.
as far as i know, and again this is in Canada, a 2012 has to be registered to the original owner for a minimum of 6 months before it can be eligible for Honda Certification. So hopefully it is so he will get a better rate, or if not if they price it to market he should be alright. Biggest thing for Gman_civic to do is ultimately whatever is right for him. Hopefully our discussions on here aide him on his way...Whatever way you go Gman_civic Welcome to 9th!!!

as far as i know, and again this is in Canada, a 2012 has to be registered to the original owner for a minimum of 6 months before it can be eligible for Honda Certification. So hopefully it is so he will get a better rate, or if not if they price it to market he should be alright. Biggest thing for Gman_civic to do is ultimately whatever is right for him. Hopefully our discussions on here aide him on his way...Whatever way you go Gman_civic Welcome to 9th!!!
hmm. in the US, there was no registration limit on certified used cars. when i was in sales, I even saw some dealerships register new old stock hondas (possibly to meet sales targets) and turn around and certify them. some of them had certified used cars with <10 miles!

and yes, Gman_civic, pick whichever one you like best! drive both and go from there

Last edited:
Thanks SO Much for all your input everyone! I'd love an SI but I just don't want to pay for Premium fuel (just found out about that.) Crud!
So, looks like it'll be aiming for a new 2012 EX, assuming there's one available in a few months. If they're gone by then. then I'll just go for the '13 LX. Dang, if I could only get it now!! Can't wait.

hmm. in the US, there was no registration limit on certified used cars. when i was in sales, I even saw some dealerships register new old stock hondas (possibly to meet sales targets) and turn around and certify them. some of them had certified used cars with <10 miles!

and yes, Gman_civic, pick whichever one you like best! drive both and go from there
damn! I wish we could do that, we have some leftover stock from 11 that i'd love to move at Cert rates!

Back