2012 Civic Si - Comptech Superchargers

I couldn't justify doing all that to a brand new 24k dollar car. IMO it seems like a waste. I'm guessing you have deep pockets to even consider it, so buy the stripped down 2012 shell for 3500 & attempt it. If it was me i'd go to the dark side & buy the evo or sti & save myself the headache. Because the money you'd have rapped up in it, you could have a stupid fast evo or sti. Just my 2 cents..

:hijacked:

Tuning, now adays has somewhat lost it's true meaning. Tuning/customizing meant taking that which you already have and making it your own and that only less than a handfull of others did what you did to make it truly a rare one of a kind build. I'm not doing it for running it on a 1/4 mile drag, I'm doing it simply based on ingenuity and innovation. People always talk down on Civic's because they're FWD and that the engines are weak and only produce a laughing stock with their V-TEC and the "fart can" noises they produce. Well, allow me to pull up next to you in my RWD or AWD T/C or S/C K24 and see if you're still laughing once my "puny", "weak", "lame", "pathetic", "gay four-banger", etc. engine leaves your i4, v6, v8, diesel engine car lengths behind me. As the powerful words my sticker on my rear window states, BUILT, NOT BOUGHT

Sounds like little man syndrome or something lol. It's a civic, it is what is. I've been driving Hondas for over a decade now & never once have I gave 2 shits about what people think. Whatever more power to ya, start a build thread then boss.. :paper:

i'm starting to really get torn between s/c or turbo. i'm basically just looking to build a daily driver i can have some fun in, and put a mustang or two in their place. ;)
honestly if you want reliable power go with the supercharger. every single person i ever talked to about that comparison said, "turbos have a higher potential for power but are more prone to problems, superchargers make decent power with much higher reliability."

I realize its been months since this was posted but where are you trying to work/now working in corrections?

I work at Delaware's James T Vaughn Correctional Center. Great job.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Hey guys I'm from NJ I'm also trying to get into corrections! I'm in the national guard (11b) now and waiting for nj's civil service test to come out. Hopefully I can get in State here but if not I'm seriously thinking of applying in DE.

i was looking around comptechs website and it says the 08-10 tsx supercharger kit is available. so does that mean ours is too?

That 09-2010 s/c kit has been available for some time now. Our kit is different though, think it uses a different blower and tensioner.

Back