DIY 2012 Honda Civic Hybrid mirrors on a non Hybrid Civic (4dr only)

ahhh, I thought you had ordered spare parts to test it.

I didn't realize I was going to be scolded for not having the answer. Let's start over. Is the housing comparison the only question that needs answered here?

Sorry, but there is a misunderstanding here. It was not my intention to scold anybody! Just trying to find a solution since we are stucked months ago. My apologies.
My theory is that if the bolting points of both housings and the bottom hole are the same, the most expensive part (mirror core) can be reused, making this mod cheaper.

Last edited:
For additional comparisons photos visit our flickr page.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/collegehillshonda/

Hybrid
9152134076_a0baa6c83c_h.jpg

Non Hybrid
9149890211_936b0a0e52_h.jpg

photostream
photostream

Very good pictures indeed. Thanks Paul.

Seems like the same mirror core can be fixed in both housings. At first sight, I was baffled why the depth of the screw mounting was different on both housings until I checked the picture of the front part of the Hybrid, where both parts of the Hybrid housing have to be screwed at the same place.

Can CollegeHills Honda please check if am I rightl? Thanks.

06.jpg05.jpgHyb 5.jpgHyb 6.jpg

Hybrid housing is different from non hybrid due to the LED Part that is mounted on. Parts ordered is about 190$

Hi guys, I am new member of this forum. I have to replace my driver side mirror on my Honda Civic LX. I know that in order to remove the door panel I have to get remove first the plastic cover where window controls are... the thing is that I am afraid I'll damage it since I cannot see any place where to start. Do you have any instructions how do that and what tools to use for it.
Thanks a lot for your help.

Sorry for reviving an older thread. But can someone help me figure out if the 2015 civic mirrors are the same. I have been reading this entire thread as well as countless google searches and it seems the 2012 mirrors differ from my 2015. However I am not sure if this is a swap scenario for me or a complete replacement. Anyone capable of chiming in or has anyone actually completed this swap on a 2014/15?

Back