2013-2014 NFL Thread

Lol. You can't be serious. Why should it be 100% in English? Is there a problem with diversity and inclusion? It's never been "English or nothing" ever before in American history, and English has never been an official language.

People must love being upset about stupid stuff. Lol.

Really? English isn't an official language in AMERICA?! WTF. LMAO

So what's the official language in America?

Really? English isn't an official language in AMERICA?! WTF. LMAO
So what's the official language in America?
Believe it or not, there isn't an official language for the US.

The variety of English spoken in the United States is known as American English. English is the de facto national language of the United States, with 80% of the population claiming it as a mother tongue, and some 95% claiming to speak it "well" or "very well".[5] However, no official language exists at the federal level. There have been several proposals to make English the national language in amendments to immigration reform bills,[6][7] but none of these bills has become law with the amendment intact.

At the state level, about half of the states don't recognize english as the official language.

Connecticut
Delaware
Louisana
Maine
Maryland
Massachusetts
Michigan
Minnesota
Missouri
Nevada
New Jersey
New Mexico
New York
Ohio
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
Texas
Vermont
Washington
West Virginia
Wisconsin
Washington DC
---

^ do not have English as their official state language

I heard yesterday on the tube, that they are actually going to change(instead of talk about it) the name of the Washington Redskins, they think it's degrading to call the team by that name, and I couldn't agree more......... I think they should call the team the Virgina Redskins....

Believe it or not, there isn't an official language for the US.

The variety of English spoken in the United States is known as American English. English is the de facto national language of the United States, with 80% of the population claiming it as a mother tongue, and some 95% claiming to speak it "well" or "very well".[5] However, no official language exists at the federal level. There have been several proposals to make English the national language in amendments to immigration reform bills,[6][7] but none of these bills has become law with the amendment intact.

I'm just wondering how this works, but doesn't everyone that becomes a citizen(or has to pass the test(so to speak) have to do it in English? If so, I think that could/would be a precedent to say English is our national language????????

what do people think about the patriots controversy going on right now?

What a distraction for the Pats! I don't feel like I have all the details yet to make up my mind on this.

Back