2013 Civic "Premium Audio System" Navigation Stereo Upgrade

OK so pre amp rca splice into rockford bld. Sounds good thanks man:bananasplit:
You should not need to use an LOC because the signal is already a pre-amp out from the head unit. However, you need something to handle the differential balanced output, which might be the Rockford bld you are referring to. I am not familiar with it, so do your research on that product. I used a JL Audio 5-channel amp which accepted differential balanced outputs from the head unit without any converters needed. I got excellent sound from all four channels, including solid bass from the 10" subwoofer. I enjoyed my stereo upgrade for a year until I got rid of the car.

Yeah sounds sweet man, I just wanna find some thing to fix the differential balanced input situation as I have a certain amp in mind. If I have to tho I'd rather shell out some more for a jl with the inputs that will play better with the system

Hi Hillstones,

So I plan to tap into the connector before the factory amp to pull the subwoofer + and - out to RCA jacks. I'm going into a powered sub, so my question is how would I handle the + and - from both bare ends if there is only one + wire and one - wire for the subwoofer? From what I understand, the RCA adapter with bare ends will have a + and - for left and right channels. The wires coming before the amp will only have one + and one -. Make sense?

my knowledge is to splice one RCA jack into the preamps and get a y adapter so it goes into 2 channels, correct me if im wrong but thats how i plan to do it

I had one single channel sub, no need for a y splitter. My 5 ch amp had one sub input to match the single ch sub output from the head unit.

Hillstones,

Do you happen to know any other amps besides the one you purchased that would furfill the requirements for a straight swap?

Hillstones,

sorry to pester you but if i can find a jl audio 300/4 amp u think that would do the job?

or JL Audio JX360/4

and does full range amp translate to balanced differential inputs? or do they need to state that in the details. appreciate the help

Last edited:
Hillstones,

sorry to pester you but if i can find a jl audio 300/4 amp u think that would do the job?

or JL Audio JX360/4

and does full range amp translate to balanced differential inputs? or do they need to state that in the details. appreciate the help
Those amps wont work. You need a HD or XD series JL amp. Those are the only ones that accept differential balanced inputs. The 360/4 is a JX series. I mistakenly bought one to use for my car thinking it accepted differential balanced inputs and had to return it.

Those amps wont work. You need a HD or XD series JL amp. Those are the only ones that accept differential balanced inputs. The 360/4 is a JX series. I mistakenly bought one to use for my car thinking it accepted differential balanced inputs and had to return it.
appreciate the input

i am going to get coaxial speakers and keeping my stock tweeters. not sure if i just splice in a crossover or go back to the factory amp then use that to power the tweeters.

i am going to get coaxial speakers and keeping my stock tweeters. not sure if i just splice in a crossover or go back to the factory amp then use that to power the tweeters.
Get component speakers for the front and coaxial for the rear. You'll get better sound and it's easy to install the tweeters

You can't go back to the factory amp to power the tweeters because you are removing the front channel inputs from the factory amp. Buy component speakers for the front. The factory speakers in the Civic are garbage, and so is the amp.

That will sound awful because the stock amp is the problem. All you will do is amplify the messed up sound produced by the stock amp. You have to remove the stock amp and install a new amp along with new speakers.

Back