2013 FRS Full Test- FINALLY! Also, faster than twin BRZ...

In Canada we're only getting the Scion FR-S version to my knowledge. I ALMOST waited for one of these instead of buying the Si, but I was worried about buying a car in it's first ever production year as it usually takes a year or 2 or production to work out all of the bugs. Plus my RSX-S sold super fast (within 5 days) so I would have had to drive my moms Focus for a few months = not very appealing, lol.

These cars are using a lot of Subaru mechanical parts that are already being used on the impreza and forester, plus the transmission is an aisin 6spd that's been used for years in the rx8, mx5, and (very modified by honda) in the s2000. I don't think there will be many bugs to worry about.

Best to wait for the S16 this car will spawn form Nissan

We'll see, rumors have it the next Z car will have a smaller engine so that may be their direction, I really think they're gonna wait a year and see how successful the 86/brz is before they commit to a new car or downsizing the Z.

We'll see, rumors have it the next Z car will have a smaller engine so that may be their direction, I really think they're gonna wait a year and see how successful the 86/brz is before they commit to a new car or downsizing the Z.
The Z and the S chassis have always been separate and different cars and fulfilled their price niche. The Z is very portly for a coupe i do not think even with a smaller engine and weight watchers it would take care of the gap that the S would fill in their lineup.

Jason,

I have family coming in from South Dakota on Saturday.. Prob won't make it. :(

What time is yours again?

They are getting in around 3pm and then my parents are having a cookout when they get to the house.

The FR-S and 86 both have similar exterior, but the BR-Z and the 86 have similar interior (the temp control of the fr-s looks different). The FR-S and 86 have similar instrument panel.

Attachments

• 428397_365076793551965_165486363511010_993659_1791506730_n.jpg
    428397_365076793551965_165486363511010_993659_1791506730_n.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 16
I like the look if the scion over the Subaru

-Keith
'11 WRX (30k mi) & '99 2.3CL (38k mi)

frs looks less 4x4ish because of the photo they used.

Yeah. I'm not a fan of the subaru's appearance.

The FR-S and 86 both have similar exterior, but the BR-Z and the 86 have similar interior (the temp control of the fr-s looks different). The FR-S and 86 have similar instrument panel.

Temp controls look different because the FR-S doesn't have automatic climate control like the BRZ does. I got to drive one yesterday :spaz:

Twas awesome. It was an automatic, our Scion rep is taking it around to dealers. However, the automatic is surprisingly responsive. I still prefer the ole' clutch tho.

It's like driving an automatic 370z. It does not make sense, imo. Lol.

I like the FR-S more. Something about those other tail lights I dislike. Cool to see each side by side by side ha.

1 frs in peral white just got into my work this morning, sat in it, its pretty nice. rev the engine and it doesnt sound liek a boxer. Cant wait till they come into service so i can drive one

Look what i got!

c6e4c899-b34f-c401.jpg

Back