2014 civic si Engine Light : Check Emissions System.

Hi guys,

Here’s an update as of where I’m at now.

I took it Honda with the code wiped but the car idiling still rough etc...

Honda replies back to me the next day... did multiple tests with the car... flushed the ecu re learned idle and everything was fine. No problems....car was not idling funny and they took the car for a drive. they said If the problem came back that they said it is likely the 02 sensor...
So I am driving the car home and everything is pretty good. I decided half way home to stop by and get some gas and see if my problem would continue.

15$ supreme. Keep in mind there was no code when I had picked up the car. The moment I turned the car on, car started just fine. Check emission system back on...... also when I went to go above 3000rpm... I hit almost a flat spot. Hesitation... for a sec but than continued. now back at Honda... what the **** is going on with this thing?

mechanics said the intake had nothing to do with it,maybe it was a coincidence it happened when we changed the filter. They actually kept the short ram on.

So at this point I’m not sure if it’s really the 02 sensor or are they just going down the check list.

Hope you guys are all well

not good, how many things are left? or perhaps you got joe friday the honda tech that knows next to nothing:confuzzled::joke:

my ear is better then that, I would have had it fixed by now:bunny:that's snap on is not made by Honda and may not have been used. More likely the tech is just guessing and has no idea what is wrong except its lunch time.:haybunny:

"George", the person with the idle issue has a scan/diagnostic tool. I was asking if HIS tool could perform the operation shown in the video I posted. I wasn't asking if honda could do this for him.

Looks like a foreign Language to me, you need a computer to fix anything on these cars which I may actually have to get.:bleh:

Hey guys,

The mechanic ran those types of tests and said everything was okay before I went to Honda.

Honda is probably guessing. They said the next common thing is the 02 sensor, I said which one.... primary or the one in the back kinda? He said probably the primary one..... awesome. Sounds like they are guessing.

The tool I bought from Canadian tire is a pretty basic scan reader just tells you the code etc but not much information like that.

I’m going to replace the 02 sensor. 375.75 plus tax. And see where that goes. A lot of money as been spend and got me no result. I’m almost at the end of my rope.
I told the service man it’s the moment I put gas in the car. He says it has nothing to do with the fuel because the fuel is running fine after he did multiple tests with the fuel.

So they believe it’s just the o2 sensor. He also told me it’s very rare to see these kind of cars with plugged, fault fuel injectors at this age.

Have to wait until Monday for them to reopen.

2 weeks with no whip. Wish me luck guys.

Hey guys,

The mechanic ran those types of tests and said everything was okay before I went to Honda.

Honda is probably guessing. They said the next common thing is the 02 sensor, I said which one.... primary or the one in the back kinda? He said probably the primary one..... awesome. Sounds like they are guessing.

The tool I bought from Canadian tire is a pretty basic scan reader just tells you the code etc but not much information like that.

I’m going to replace the 02 sensor. 375.75 plus tax. And see where that goes. A lot of money as been spend and got me no result. I’m almost at the end of my rope.
I told the service man it’s the moment I put gas in the car. He says it has nothing to do with the fuel because the fuel is running fine after he did multiple tests with the fuel.

So they believe it’s just the o2 sensor. He also told me it’s very rare to see these kind of cars with plugged, fault fuel injectors at this age.

Have to wait until Monday for them to reopen.

2 weeks with no whip. Wish me luck guys.
That statement is wrong, I had plugged up fuel injectors-the fix cost nothing. Take them out and shoot compressed air at them and clean them. A tiny bit of dirt is all it takes. I run injector cleaner all the time-techron and haven't had any problems after that. It's sound like your not getting enough gas. Could also be the fuel pump is going bad or a bad fuel filter. On the neon's you have to take the gas tank out and change the fuel pump and filter at the same time. Maybe Elmo the rotten teenage kid put something in your gas tank. They are sneaking around doing stuff like that all the time.

That statement is wrong, I had plugged up fuel injectors-the fix cost nothing. Take them out and shoot compressed air at them and clean them. A tiny bit of dirt is all it takes. I run injector cleaner all the time-techron and haven't had any problems after that. It's sound like your not getting enough gas. Could also be the fuel pump is going bad or a bad fuel filter. On the neon's you have to take the gas tank out and change the fuel pump and filter at the same time. Maybe Elmo the rotten teenage kid put something in your gas tank. They are sneaking around doing stuff like that all the time.
His air fuel ratio is showing he is very lean....not that he isn’t getting enough fuel. Please read his past posts.

His air fuel ratio is showing he is very lean....not that he isn’t getting enough fuel. Please read his past posts.

Yes. It is telling me the fuel system is too LEAN
B1 to lean.

So I’m thinking maybe Honda is right maybe it’s just the o2 sensor that’s fault not giving enough fuel to the motor, I hope. Honda claimed it can’t be the injectors and I hope they are right costing 200 each

They did test on the fuel and said it was running perfect so I’m hoping this is it.

I will keep you all updated as I find out what it is. Thank you everyone for your input and your help I appreciate it !

[QUOTE="George Tsimiklis]

I’m going to replace the 02 sensor. 375.75 plus tax. And see where that goes
.[/QUOTE]
Please don't pay Honda that kind of money to replace an o2 sensor. A new denso sensor is like $75 and can be replaced in an afternoon with basic hand tools.
Especially since it sounds like they have not confirmed an o2 problem.

I still go back to an untuned intake...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I had the exact same problem and was dirty fuel injectors-that can show up as a lean condition. Put on a fuel pressure gauge and at certain rpm just not enough fuel pressure. These computer things do not always show how to fix the car as they don't think Yet and neither does Honda who just wants to replace all kinds of stuff. But yes a denso o2 for $75 -going under the car with one wrench like a 20 min job in a SRT4-it has a real time air fuel gauge:wheee: very cool. I wouldn't bring the car back to those idiots! Find A scotty Kilmer in your local area:cucumber:

I ran a short ram intake on my '15 ex from the day i brought it home until it got totaled out with no issues, so i can assure you the intake is not the problem. O2 sensor makes sense, or potentially dirty fuel injectors. I had a problem similar to yours on my 06 lx. But with mine the car was reading lean in a specific cylinder. Swapped out the injectors and all was well. But every case is different

I ran a short ram intake on my '15 ex from the day i brought it home until it got totaled out with no issues, so i can assure you the intake is not the problem. O2 sensor makes sense, or potentially dirty fuel injectors. I had a problem similar to yours on my 06 lx. But with mine the car was reading lean in a specific cylinder. Swapped out the injectors and all was well. But every case is different

I’ve been thinking about it and to be honest it must be the 02 sensor... I know it’s a easy install I really don’t have the time with my job etc..
But I have a feeling that’s the case as well and hopefully it is. Thanks man

was the secondary o2 looked at, or just the primary?

was the secondary o2 looked at, or just the primary?

Just the Primary.

I don’t have a lot of $$ to replace everything, I’m getting really frustrated. I don’t know if it’s injectors or what.

At first when we put fuel in the car the light would come on. When I picked up the car and put fuel in... no problem and no light.

Went to a friends house and the car sat for 20 minutes. Started the car and car started and idled and cel came on.

What the honest ****

Back