2014 Honda Civic SI - Adding navigation

Rajiv Rao

Hey Everyone,

I bought my SI about 7 months back without the navigation option. Does anyone know if the car is still equipped with all the hardware required for the navigation? I know it sounds dumb but my car versus an SI with navigation look no different on the inside, just the 7-inch display screen will have a "Navigation App" on it.

With that being said, if the car is equipped with everything it needs to support navigation, is there a way to activate this feature (even if I have to install the maps via the USB port behind the glovebox)?

I know honda came out with hondalink, but I heard that is not reliable and craps out.

do you think its as simple as popping out the current radio unit and popping in the unit with navigation?

no but I know you'll be spending at least a few grand just on the unit... those things are ridiculously pricey.

You have to buy a new OEM head unit, which is very expensive, about $5,000, and a GPS antenna to mount under the dash. Since your car already has the DisplayAudio head unit, the wiring could be the same. You are better off hoping for CarPlay access someday and using an iPhone for Navi on the display. But Honda is so slow, you will probably never see it happen. You would be better off trading in the car and getting one with Navi and hope for the same car payment.

if you got an iphone 5 or up you can buy the HDMI adapter plugin to your phone to use the navigation of your phone! go see on youtube there is couple video that show you how it work

Back