2014 honda civic si coilover question

Totally agree with the post above.

Do I need to get the camber kit as well? I don't want to lower my car all the way to the ground just a little bit. Totally not into hellaflush, dapper, mad camber thing. :P

Example picture of how low I want to be. Next year I plan to get RPF1 wheels 17 inch 8 in width

Attachments

• 408392_10151445111335784_821728239_n.jpg
    408392_10151445111335784_821728239_n.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 41
Totally agree with the post above.

Do I need to get the camber kit as well? I don't want to lower my car all the way to the ground just a little bit. Totally not into hellaflush, dapper, mad camber thing. :P

Example picture of how low I want to be. Next year I plan to get RPF1 wheels 17 inch 8 in width

I got the SPC kit for my car when I did my coils, not exactly sure but I think for correct camber and what not you'll probably need one. You wanting to go about as low as me? Pic below......

10527580_10152580782787432_2797963783466348264_n.jpg IMAG0089.jpg

Any drop will alter the alignment of our cars. So camber will shift. Some are minimal and some are significant. Camber kits are really meant for keeping tires from wearing out prematurely or racing purposes. But you already know that these are used for other purposes such as 'Hellaflushing'. Lol.

I got the SPC kit for my car when I did my coils, not exactly sure but I think for correct camber and what not you'll probably need one. You wanting to go about as low as me? Pic below......

View attachment 40161 View attachment 40162

Yup same height maybe a little bit lower on the back. Also I have 2014 so my wheels are 18 inch not 17. I don't want my tires to be wearing out so I guess I get the camber kit too.

Yeah the pic in the grass....disregard the height in the back, the ground sat super duper uneven so the tire was popped downward

Thanks for the help guys.:thumb: Most likely next week I will order BC coils and SPC kit.

God speed is the worst thing you could do to your suspension.

Mine are holding up fine. They have 3 auto-x sessions and 2 track days on them. The only point that has failed was the swaybar endlink. Other than that, they've held up decent for cheaper end of the spectrum coilovers.

Mine are holding up fine. They have 3 auto-x sessions and 2 track days on them. The only point that has failed was the swaybar endlink. Other than that, they've held up decent for cheaper end of the spectrum coilovers.
Its okay for you since you live in Cali. If the car sees snow or road salt, the rust will just eat the hardware such as the c-clips or washers. It happened to me and my Godspeed only lasted for a bad 6 months.

Its okay for you since you live in Cali. If the car sees snow or road salt, the rust will just eat the hardware such as the c-clips or washers. It happened to me and my Godspeed only lasted for a bad 6 months.

That's crappy to hear, however I could see that considering the coating chipping around some of the mounting points.

That's crappy to hear, however I could see that considering the coating chipping around some of the mounting points.
Yeah. I think if Godspeed made them a higher grade with thicker dimensions, it would take a much longer time for corrosion to break them. The c-clips and washers are only 1mm thick.

Yeah. I think if Godspeed made them a higher grade with thicker dimensions, it would take a much longer time for corrosion to break them. The c-clips and washers are only 1mm thick.

It's just a bummer because I know there are people who will slap them on and just forget about checking up on them. There are more options out there now, and when I bought my coils, there weren't that many. Having had Buddy Club stuff before, I will probably opt for a set when the time comes to either rebuild or change my setup.

I know a lot of people either don't get coilovers or even swap them out with stock suspension for that reason. Lol.

So I would say any preferable coilover will be okay as long as the above is done. :giggle:

Last edited:
Back