9CCD III: Official Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many many threads..... Larger rear sway = better handling. Car is setup for massive understeer. Leave the front alone. Larger rear will help reduce understeer and car corner better.
Alright thanks man , any specific sway bars or places you prefer to purchase from?

Progress rear sway bar - Read up a little though. There is a 22mm and a 24mm version. Peruse any of the forum vendors for a good deal and pricing. Sometimes sending a PM can help get an unadvertised deal as well. wesellcarparts is pretty good as is redshiftmotorsports.

Progress rear sway bar - Read up a little though. There is a 22mm and a 24mm version. Peruse any of the forum vendors for a good deal and pricing. Sometimes sending a PM can help get an unadvertised deal as well. wesellcarparts is pretty good as is redshiftmotorsports.
Thanks

I'm at a delima fellas , when I get my tax return I can get either flash pro and tune or I can get these rims I been wanting for a while and xenon lights ... So rims and lights or Fp and tune ? I'm pretty satifisyed with my cars performance but I just can't decide , help me out brothers?

Save the tax return $$ and use it for the dragon (gas, food, lodging) :)

Hi all, I'd like to make this year. It's been a few years since i last went with 8thCiv. Death_Roll & K757 I had the modded black MazdaSpeed3

Next to K757 WRX

After a spirited run and people down to the exhaust shoot

The civics been gone for a while, and so has the MS3. So i'd be coming in the current DD.

Hey Man! I remember you. You came 2 years ago I believe.

2014 STi - Suspension mods only.

Nice! :) what made ya get an STi?

Hi all, I'd like to make this year. It's been a few years since i last went with 8thCiv. Death_Roll & K757 I had the modded black MazdaSpeed3

Next to K757 WRX

The civics been gone for a while, and so has the MS3. So i'd be coming in the current DD.

Nice to see you found us, and joined the Subaru team, although both Keith and I left.
Didn't you have a Taurus SHO after the MS3?

Why just rear sway bar and not both ?

Get tires, tires make all the difference, with stock all seasons and a big rear bar, the back end will step out far too quick.

Nice to see you found us, and joined the Subaru team, although both Keith and I left.
Didn't you have a Taurus SHO after the MS3?

Get tires, tires make all the difference, with stock all seasons and a big rear bar, the back end will step out far too quick.
So don't get the sway bar?

Tires and rear sway will make the car wanna oversteer if pushed hard, but it takes a lot....

I am running 225/45/17 tires and a SI rear sway and got the car to oversteer

Get the rear sway it does wonders for the car, but you need good tires to back it up

I am by no means the fastest when it comes to The Dragon, but the rear of my car was kicking out with a RSB and stock all seasons. It wasn't very much, but still noticeable. Actually, it was more of a hopping. Other than the RSB and Moog endlinks, I have no other suspension mods.

Next to K757 WRX

After a spirited run and people down to the exhaust shoot

am glad to hear from you again. I remember the smoking brakes LOL

It's true, today, I left the Subaru family

was........
384040.jpg

fresh off the dealer lot this morning..........
044E614B-337C-46EE-BD79-12E698119947.jpg

Yea if you where on summer tires it would be harder to do that... I was pushing hard on almost bald summer tires and the rear started sliding a bit then would get traction and straighten out....

am glad to hear from you again. I remember the smoking brakes LOL

It's true, today, I left the Subaru family

was........
384040.jpg

Rolling like an ocean liner....

I don't have a WRX anymore, probably not getting another one despite the 2015s being better in the handling dept. I'd get a BRZ over a WRX any day, I still have a Subaru though, but it's strictly a winter DD / beater.

Yea if you where on summer tires it would be harder to do that... I was pushing hard on almost bald summer tires and the rear started sliding a bit then would get traction and straighten out....
I have to agree I had sticky summer performance tires and I couldn't get mine to break loose after several attempts the one time I did was in the pouring rain when it was about 40 degrees outside , sticky summers grip like a Bo$$

I have to agree I had sticky summer performance tires and I couldn't get mine to break loose after several attempts the one time I did was in the pouring rain when it was about 40 degrees outside , sticky summers grip like a Bo$$
last year I had my mid-life Dunlop Z2 slide on me a little a few times (good weather/temps), but I was really boogieing around the corners at that point. It did make my azz pucker up a hair hahaha. if those break loose, you are going too fast :D

Well I suppose I should get the ball rolling finally. Howdy all, the name is Mike. I am a good friend of Keith's and accompanied him down last September a week after you guys had the group meet. It was my first Dragon trip and Keith was one hell of a tour guide. The amount of fun the trip was and the insanity of some of the roads down there is almost indescribable. To say it really defined what kind of driver I want to be for the rest of my life would also be an understatement. I'll be joining the madness this year. My car I'll likely be using (though that is strongly subject to change) is my 2009 Subaru Legacy GT. It's nothing special in terms of mods but it is set up to tackle the roads with extreme prejudice.

Have some pics!
1277498_10151665114878388_1015241438_o.jpg

1273029_10151665114288388_1008492810_o.jpg

1277233_10151667505008388_811857640_o.jpg

I know I've never posted here but this I think is a good way to get introductions finished. I really am looking forward to meeting alot of you as Keith has had good stuff (well mostly ;) ) to say. The locals down there are also awesome folks. We hung out with Darryl from Killboy for much of Saturday and really made us feel like part of the groups down there. Take it easy.

Good to see you on here Mike. We also hung out with Jill, ET, Killboy and a couple of local motard (?) bikers during the day and through the fiddy races at night. GAWD DAMM good time there!
I was very surprised how quickly you picked up what to do and not to do. The first day, I would slow way down to not completely lose you. By day two you were hanging pretty close. By the last day (even in the rain), I had to hustle to follow you. You'll be joining the "fast" group.

Makes me miss my LGT, it's tough for me to go back to a turbo Subaru as a fun car, but a Spec B with the 6spd would be one of the few I'd go back for. Even the 2015 WRX doesn't have me very excited, if it had better seats and at least a mechanical rear lsd, I'd consider it.

I still definitely have to drive a Fiesta ST to see how well I like the Recaros, driver ergonomics, and the torque steer / torque vectoring. The G35 I had last year was, In my opinion, better in the corners than my last two WRXs, so I really wanna shoot for a balanced RWD car again if I don't like the Fiesta.

Makes me miss my LGT, it's tough for me to go back to a turbo Subaru as a fun car, but a Spec B with the 6spd would be one of the few I'd go back for. Even the 2015 WRX doesn't have me very excited, if it had better seats and at least a mechanical rear lsd, I'd consider it.

I plan to look at both the BRZ and 15 WRX. The W wouldn't be much of a change as it's only marginally lighter and the dimensions are nearly identical. The Legacy is on the heavy side but I can't say for sure how bad that actually is. I drove a Ridgeline before the Legacy so this car has always felt small and nimble to me when the numbers tell a different story. I can't even imagine what a BRZ would be like down there, wouldn't mind finding out though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back