DIY 9thcivic 2012+ Civic Ambient Lights DIY

I guess everyone is also aware that the ambient blue lights in the wheelwells and the console only come on when the headlights are on. I assumed that when you opened the doors the lights would also come on and provide a nice effect. All the switch does is kill the ambient lighting if you don't want them on when you are driving with the headlights on. If what webby says then I can't figure out why the little blue plastic oval is in there. I am going to screw around with them (remove the blue oval or maybe drill the clear plastic cap) to see if it gets any better. I'll update if I find out anything.
Unfortunately the lens also serves as the mount, so you can't really remove it. The best you can do is drill a hole in the center to allow more light through.
That said, I almost want to waste money on a blue ambient kit just so I can try on the semi-clear lenses on my red kit and gauge the results.

tumblr_m76x34mx9n1r0wi5wo2_1280.jpg
tumblr_m76x34mx9n1r0wi5wo1_1280.jpg

this is my lights. put them in myself. also have under the front seats so they shine towards the back. and also a the pic at tho top is my strobes.

is the under dash lighting your own lighting setup?

u have a better pic of the center console. i would like to see a diy for this, looks interesting

yes. they are 7 color changing LED kit from 'ijdmtoy.com" around 45 bucks or so. i used to have the stock lighting from honda but it was not bright enough for me. i can post more pics soon.

yes. they are 7 color changing LED kit from 'ijdmtoy.com" around 45 bucks or so. i used to have the stock lighting from honda but it was not bright enough for me. i can post more pics soon.

Pretty cool setup. Any luck with the pics?

honestly unless its warranty or an alignment, i'll do it myself thank you... :)

The dealer wanted to charge $130 to change the air cabin filter. I was like really? That much just to lower the glove compartment door and slide out the filter tray to swap with a $12 filter? Unfortunately my ex-gf fell for that twice before I showed her how to do it yourself.

I just ordered my ambient light kit :dance: It should be here before Christmas, however will not be installed until after depending on my work schedule

The dealer wanted to charge $130 to change the air cabin filter. I was like really? That much just to lower the glove compartment door and slide out the filter tray to swap with a $12 filter? Unfortunately my ex-gf fell for that twice before I showed her how to do it yourself.

thats brutal bro..... id rather buy car parts with the money i save doing it myself... lol

thats brutal bro..... id rather buy car parts with the money i save doing it myself... lol

Yep, I try to do all the repairs and maintenance myself unless it's under warranty. I get all the parts online which takes a day to get here including a case of type "A" OEM Honda filters at around $4 each. Type "B" is made by Fram which I stay away from.

Back