9thcivic Tail of the Dragon Part II: Official Information and Attendee Thread

I'm not, college is a waste lol, I'm 45k in debt for an education that I don't use.

but what was your major? liberal arts? I don't see many engineers or nurses saying their degree is worthless... I think it largely depends on what you major in

but what was your major? liberal arts? I don't see many engineers or nurses saying their degree is worthless... I think it largely depends on what you major in

My mechanical engineering BS is pretty worthless

Reactions: Nix
Mine made me very wealthy.

But that's back when a college degree meant something, and you actually had to earn it.

Now college is dumbed down so more people can be hoarded in and out, which means more people coming through the doors = more money for the school, that's what it all comes down to now.

But that's back when a college degree meant something, and you actually had to earn it.

Now college is dumbed down so more people can be hoarded in and out, which means more people coming through the doors = more money for the school, that's what it all comes down to now.

From my limited faculty experience, I have come to find out that publicly funded institutions are actually starting to increase admissions requirements due to the stipulations put on them to continue to receive funding from the government.

My mechanical engineering BS is pretty worthless

Mechanical engineering degrees are hardly worthless, I'm not sure about your particular situation, but the top 10 best paid jobs out of college are almost all engineering. It's a supply and demand issue, more difficult degree, less supply, and still good demand for engineers.

The degree gave me the opportunities, and I made the best of them. I've been very fortunate throughout my career to have been in the right places at the right times.

I've worked very hard, and have always accepted the risks and responsibilites that came with those opportunities. It was never easy, and continues to be extremely challenging.

I came out of college changing oil for 8/hr, any degree that is based on the automotive industry is a scam and a lie, I really feel bad for these guys at UTI or wyotech, they're being robbed, 95% of them won't have **** for a job, like I did.

I'm glad to be to the point where my experience is far outweighing my "degree", and thats a good thing.

I need to fix my rubbing before the dragon.. stock wheels were 18x7.5 +51 new wheels are 18x8 +48, and now I'm rubbing.. 9 mm difference max, but stock tire size.. and I'm not THAT low..

I'm going to take the wheel off when I get a chance and tuck the fender liner above the fender. There's a screw you can remove that's not needed and push the fender liner up a bit.. but I need to double check where I'm rubbing.

I need a degree, but I think it is far too late for me. My experience far outweighs what a degree would, unless I were to go into management.

Just flushed the brake fluid on the Si with the last of my illegal stuff. lol

:police:

I was slightly late in getting that stuff, I got stoptech fluid instead.

This weekend I am:
- replacing spark plugs
- flushing the brake fluid
- flushing the P/S fluid
- replacing the valve cover gaskets
- replacing the intake manifold gaskets (have to take it off to get to the VCs)

If I can't find a place to crash on Thursday night, then I'm not sure on when I will leave on Friday. I want to do the N Georgia drive but don't want to get up at 3am to make it.

What time do yo plan on leaving? I don't work that Friday.

Sooooooo.....anyone have a spot on a floor or couch for Thursday night only?
I won't be able to leave til around 10-11am. Not sure what time that gets me there. Around 3pm maybe?

No still have the S2K as it begins the conversion to track car. I know but if you can't beat them, join them.... Stage 2 tune, intake, downpipe, exhaust so far.

No still have the S2K as it begins the conversion to track car. I know but if you can't beat them, join them.... Stage 2 tune, intake, downpipe, exhaust so far.

What tune? Keep an eye on your datalogs, and WOT in 5th and 6th at low rpm is no bueno.

Natey is dropping out this year because he's scared of his car breaking something.

Back