A different 9th gen....2013 Accord

I just can't stand the meep meep sound. Plus $30 and totally reversible is worth it.

the Subie people go with the Hella horns. They are essentially offensive

Yeah....I'm on that site and read about it. When I took the car in today to remove the pinstripe a service tech drove it and said it was normal. Shifting down to get better mpg. Doesn't really make sense but I'll leave it be for now.

Glad there is no pinstripe now....gave her a bath too.
I thought the same thing when I got my civic and the Eco assist feedback (green and blue bars next to the speedo) started telling me it's more efficient to brake while keeping the car in gear (downshifting if necessary to keep the revs up) than it is to put the car in neutral while coming to a stop.

I know it sounds counter-intuitive at first, but when the car is idling, which occurs when coasting in neutral for instance, it's burning more gas than when the engine is kept rotating by the car's momentum. That's probably why honda decided to have the cvt operate in that manner. the "downshift" you feel is prolly necessary to keep the engine's revs from dropping too low.

thats actually cause when you engine brake the car shuts off the fuel injectors, so youre not burning any fuel

I have a question..... Having a automatic(1st time)..... which is better on fuel while seating at a light(not talking safety just fuel)......... leaving it in drive or shifting to neutral. In my head, I'm thinking like a manual, either the clutch is in, or it's in neutral.......... so with an automatic ????????

I have a question..... Having a automatic(1st time)..... which is better on fuel while seating at a light(not talking safety just fuel)......... leaving it in drive or shifting to neutral. In my head, I'm thinking like a manual, either the clutch is in, or it's in neutral.......... so with an automatic ????????
Leave it in drive. The load on the engine while stopped is negligible and i've heard that constantly shifting between drive and neutral can increase wear on the drivetrain. You can feel this as the mounts load up when you shift from neutral to drive while holding the brakes.

Leave it in drive. The load on the engine while stopped is negligible and i've heard that constantly shifting between drive and neutral can increase wear on the drivetrain. You can feel this as the mounts load up when you shift from neutral to drive while holding the brakes.
Thx for the info, that is different than a ST.

I thought the same thing when I got my civic and the Eco assist feedback (green and blue bars next to the speedo) started telling me it's more efficient to brake while keeping the car in gear (downshifting if necessary to keep the revs up) than it is to put the car in neutral while coming to a stop.

I know it sounds counter-intuitive at first, but when the car is idling, which occurs when coasting in neutral for instance, it's burning more gas than when the engine is kept rotating by the car's momentum. That's probably why honda decided to have the cvt operate in that manner. the "downshift" you feel is prolly necessary to keep the engine's revs from dropping too low.

After reading up on the cvt I understand why it does it but I don't think it should jerk so much. It like a bad downshift on a manual. Basically feels like I let of the brake and then right back on it. When the car is cold it doesn't do it as bad. Make me think if adding a bit more fluid might help. Then again you don't want to overfill.

Someone on driveaccord.com mentioned that the tech checked the fluid and was not to spec. Added some fluid and the jerkyness went away.

I'm confused how offensive is being used... Offensive to be is like they are too loud to be used or something.

I have them... I've heard them before. They make people listen! :giggle: I wouldn't call them offensive. Maybe "Attention Getters" :rotfl:

I have them... I've heard them before. They make people listen! :giggle: I wouldn't call them offensive. Maybe "Attention Getters" :rotfl:
In the now world of the "Offended" , I can see where if you wake some driver up, he'd probably see it as offensive......

He/She shouldn't be offended if I woke them up.. They should be grateful I woke them up! :)

a barge/train horn is more offensive
yes, but you need an air compressor in the trunk to "air it up" :) There is a STI owner here in CT that has a 4 train horn set hidden under the rear bumper skin. He also has a toggle switch hidden to swap back and forth to the regular Subaru horn.

Hella Horns on my '11 WRX

IMG_2170.jpg

IMG_2200.jpg

Back