Add Tron Style lights?

Pauly99to17

Ville de Quebec
Vehicle Model
2012 LX
Body Style
Dyno Blue Pearl Sedan (FB2)
I starting doing a little research about making my own ignition key light when I stumbled upon these lights. I think they are called "EL high light wires" if you want to Google them.

They can be cut to size. The sky is the limit what you could do with these things! I will definitely be buying some and try them out.

Here is the product.....

View: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ORdalHrLTBA

Here is a DIY on how they work......

View: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PNvBM9JSeN0

Last edited:
i wonder if it would fit between panels...you could outline door panels or other things
i'll definitely order a little to play with and see where it fits lol

great find pauly!

Last edited:
i wonder if it would fit between panels...you could outline door panels or other things

great find pauly!

:spazface:

Last edited:
in my searches, i saw this too, i think you would like it
It's called "EL tape"
EL_strip_EL_tape_EL_strap.jpg

theyre good for interior lights, but guys have played with them on HID Planet and figured out they arent bright enough for headlight/taillight applications

Well I can see these being used for key ignition rings and maybe on the dash around a stereo. Could go around speakers too......especially a sub box etc.

great find pauly!
NO

BWAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!! LMAO...... :rotfl:

Whoa wait....that looks an awful like your avatar Webby...... I'm starting to think maybe that is you in your avatar. :D

BTW....these lights could obviously fall into the tacky Category if not used properly...... Even a little bit could be overdone if not put in the right place. Use with extreme caution....ha ha

Last edited:
wow if they come in red ill be the happiest guy alive.

dude.... words cannot describe....... found my next project. AND ITS SO CHEAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dude.... words cannot describe....... found my next project. AND ITS SO CHEAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What' d'ya have in mind? I forgot about this key ignition light....have bigger things to do before.

Edit: You beat me to it.

Last edited:
What' d'ya have in mind? I forgot about this key ignition light....have bigger things to do before.

where do i start? my car is gonna glow thats all i know pauly im gonna start planning tm. thinking center console and dash first door panels shortly there after.

Back