Add Tron Style lights?

I want to do the speakers with blue and i really think i'll do it sometime this summer, we'll see. i have a lot of little projects in mind so i dont end up blowing my money on a turbo lol

only thing that sucks is it looks like each strip needs its own converter which sucks hard.

I wonder if you could just splice a bunch of strips to one converter. It's just wiring, right?

You guys are silly, if you guys are interested in this project. I can move this project higher in my priority. I already have something drawn up as far as schematics and application.

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys are silly, if you guys are interested in this project. I can move this project higher in my priority. I already have something drawn up as far as schematics and application.
What are you waiting for? As soon as you through a DIY up I'm ordering parts lol

What are you waiting for? As soon as you through a DIY up I'm ordering parts lol

Doing the a Lip DIY at the moment, then a swap of something in the interior and a DIY for that then possibly this project. Though I want to work on the side mirror LEDs that I have yet to get to either...

Speakers would definitely look good.....and the ignition ring. ADExternal you have an EX so is your ignition key ring already lit up? My LX does not have this feature. I know the Si has it. Ordering the part is ridiculously expensive.

Last edited:
Speakers would definitely look good.....and the ignition ring. ADExternal you have an EX so is your ignition key ring already lit up? My LX does not have this feature. I know the Si has it. Ordering the part is ridiculously expensive.

i have an lx pauly and mine lights up

Last edited:
I wonder if you could just splice a bunch of strips to one converter. It's just wiring, right?

the set up i was looking at has like quick connect bits i could just lop it off and splice probably

omggg lol! EL wire is cool! But you gotta be careful.. doesn't throw as much light. certainly very low ambient light casting :p

if you have it visible then great! Will looks sweet i'm sure :)

EL is a bit different then the traditional wires most people work with in their cars, for one, it uses alternating currents as power versus the direct current our 12v battery gives. Its not as complicating as it sounds but its a different concept and approach when used.

omggg lol! EL wire is cool! But you gotta be careful.. doesn't throw as much light. certainly very low ambient light casting :p

if you have it visible then great! Will looks sweet i'm sure :)

im kind of glad a couple of the places i want to put it need to be dim so i dont get glare off my windscreen

Reactions: 323
[quote"stilletto, post: 174741, member: 56066"]Ray J DID it first. Haha.

3a4y4e7y.jpg
[/quote]
I hit It, I hit it first!! LoL

Would it be possible to open our headlights, heat gun or bake, then do some type of custom lining with these Tron lights, wire it out and reseal them? That'd be awesome

physically possible yes, its just like doing a retro or removing the amber from the turn signals. However the EL wire is not bright enough to be very visible in daylight

physically possible yes, its just like doing a retro or removing the amber from the turn signals. However the EL wire is not bright enough to be very visible in daylight
Ah, that sucks

Back