Alberto's modest civic build

I was planning on upgrading to Acura TL type S calipers.... gotta put that on hold, cooked my calipers, melted pad onto it....lol

Buddy of mine with SC 9th gen and a year over me in experience got 1.45.5 i believe

Reactions: Nix
:rotfl:

3106651_700b.jpg

Supercharged 9th gen got 1.45.4x (330hp) and he has been tracking for over two years. Me being less than a sec behind him makes me moist.

Napa premium pads front and rear (akebono OE) , Motul DOT 5.1, stainless steel brake lines, stop tech slotted front rotors.

Sometime in 2018 i will do the Acura TL type S front conversion, i just had to replace both front calipers and pads all around at $250.00 lol

I will post video soon, i have like 240+ minutes of footage and idk how to compress that down to a video short enough to keep peoples attention haha.

may want to consider swapping to a dedicated track pad at race evevts or you may get the same results from the new pads. not 100% sure but i dont think akebono pads are suited for track use, @Nix can probably chime in here.

may want to consider swapping to a dedicated track pad at race evevts or you may get the same results from the new pads. not 100% sure but i dont think akebono pads are suited for track use, @Nix can probably chime in here.

I can verify the akebono are NOT suited for track, they were ok AutoX. Lol

I plan on getting G-Lock (carbontech) pads and just plain napa/vatozone blank rotors and use the wereaver pads i bought for daily.

Yeah, run a proper pad first man. Regular pads cannot stand up to track days. You really need to separate the two. There really is no such thing as a trackable street pad and no such thing as a street able track pad. The heat is just too much. High temp track pads wont have enough low temp ability to stop you in normal or cool weather driving conditions. You don't want to crash because your brakes were "supertrackdaybro" and cold.

Those calipers are plenty large for the car even with the increased HP. A set of dedicated track pads/rotors is going to be a must for you. Try that before you buy new calipers. Brake "bite" is all about the pad/rotor friction levels. Track pads will eat rotors so be sure to have a setup for on/off track. I think you have hit enough track days for the investment to be worth it for you.

A few of the track guys on here have had good luck with the carbotech xp10s. @Safe Gabe hits a ton of track sessions. He may have some real world input for you also.

EDIT: That motul fluid you are running is pretty good but be sure to flush it after each session. It is high performance fluid but needs to be changed pretty regularly to perform correctly. I like ATE Type 200 since you can be kind of lazy about changing it.

Thanks for the tag @Nix

As far as my brakes, I've got a relatively light setup. Parts, as you know, are very hard to find for our chassis, particularly braking, unless you frankenstein your setup. It is as follows (with links)
Like I said, it's a relatively light setup, then again, I run on a completely stock motor. 98% of drivers out there would be fine with this setup. Based on what you have now, I would upgrade your front pads at the very least when you go to track days. Ask yourself if you're even out-braking your car before you go spending money on a big brake conversion. Not only do you have to worry about the cost involved, but now you have to worry about caliper clearance and what wheel setups will work for you.

Reactions: Nix
Thanks for the tag @Nix

As far as my brakes, I've got a relatively light setup. Parts, as you know, are very hard to find for our chassis, particularly braking, unless you frankenstein your setup. It is as follows (with links)
Like I said, it's a relatively light setup, then again, I run on a completely stock motor. 98% of drivers out there would be fine with this setup. Based on what you have now, I would upgrade your front pads at the very least when you go to track days. Ask yourself if you're even out-braking your car before you go spending money on a big brake conversion. Not only do you have to worry about the cost involved, but now you have to worry about caliper clearance and what wheel setups will work for you.

The the front Hawk pads noisy for a daily? I don't mind a noise here and there, just don't want noises every time I step on the pedal, lol.

The the front Hawk pads noisy for a daily? I don't mind a noise here and there, just don't want noises every time I step on the pedal, lol.

No, that's always going to happen because of the transfer layer. Once you bed them again, the noise should be gone, but on the day to day, it will eventually develop that high pitched noise

I will be using my carquest wereaver pads for daily and switch to G-Loc pads for track days. Eventually im buying a daily so i dont have to worry about swapping before track days lol.

Back