Any 2014 Si owners out there yet?

JonnyRotten

Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
coupe
I'm strongly considering switching to a 2014 Si coupe. I currently drive a 2012 Black Civic Si coupe.
I'm wondering if anyone has a 2014 Civic Si yet to let us know what you think of the changes Honda made this model year.

I know I've seen like 2 people say they have them on order, but they haven't been delivered to their dealership yet.

Other than the front end of the '14, I really like all the upgrades and kinda wish my '13 had the tech upgrades

I just got one today. The first 2 things I noticed, 1 suspension is way better, 2 the rev hang seems to be fixed. Because the rev hang is fixed shifting is way better. Also I don't know if they changed anything with the transmission, but it feels even better even though I never had an issue with that. I had a 2012 for almost 2 years, I really didn't think the 14 would be significantly better, but it is almost all the way around. Still not crazy about the front bumper, and I plan on putting my rims from the 12 on this one. Going to post pics tomorrow. In the 12 I wasn't sure if giving up my 05 rsx type s was really a good move, but now I don't question it.

I just got one today. The first 2 things I noticed, 1 suspension is way better, 2 the rev hang seems to be fixed. Because the rev hang is fixed shifting is way better. Also I don't know if they changed anything with the transmission, but it feels even better even though I never had an issue with that. I had a 2012 for almost 2 years, I really didn't think the 14 would be significantly better, but it is almost all the way around. Still not crazy about the front bumper, and I plan on putting my rims from the 12 on this one. Going to post pics tomorrow. In the 12 I wasn't sure if giving up my 05 rsx type s was really a good move, but now I don't question it.
I pick dup my car last Wednesday, a Black Si couple. I also had a 2012 Black Si couple that I traded for the new car.
@Word3k I'm not sure how the US cars come equipped but the Canadian cars come with pretty much everything except TPMS.
I am so happy with all the improvements to the 2014 over the 2012. Some of them are just little but they make the car so much more enjoyable.
One thing I'm trying to find out is whether all the Si's come with Nitrogen in the tires? My valve caps have N2 on them so I'm assuming that's what they're filled with.

@JonnyRotten's in the US, or at least in New Hampshire, you have to ask for nitrogen. But the mechanics told me its not really worth it. I felt a little dumb for not knowing this seeing as I'm way into physics. The "normal" contains around 30% nitrogen, I could be off a little, and when you get nitrogen put in its more like 65% or so. Also no gas stations have nitrogen, so if I get a flat I have to tow it. In the winter I'll still have fluctuations when it gets 10 degrees and lower, and it can get -20 F here. Which if your in Canada I imagine you experience Winters like that as well. If gas stations had nitrogen "pumps" I would make the switch, it's just really inconvenient for me if I lose a little air.

@JonnyRotten's in the US, or at least in New Hampshire, you have to ask for nitrogen. But the mechanics told me its not really worth it. I felt a little dumb for not knowing this seeing as I'm way into physics. The "normal" contains around 30% nitrogen, I could be off a little, and when you get nitrogen put in its more like 65% or so. Also no gas stations have nitrogen, so if I get a flat I have to tow it. In the winter I'll still have fluctuations when it gets 10 degrees and lower, and it can get -20 F here. Which if your in Canada I imagine you experience Winters like that as well. If gas stations had nitrogen "pumps" I would make the switch, it's just really inconvenient for me if I lose a little air.

You may want to read this post:
Filling your tires with N2 (Nitrogen)

I'll be picking up my black (was originally supposed to be blue.. then grey... now black) either this afternoon or tomorrow morning! So excited I've been waiting for what seems like forever!

I came from a 2013 Si sedan to a 2014 Si sedan, and I agree with you on the suspension and shifting. I was actually a bit apprehensive when I got into the '14, because I instantly noticed that the shifter was stiffer. I thought negatively of this at first, but after driving it a while, it actually seems to aide in fast shifting somehow. Also, the suspension feels COMPLETELY different in the 2014 vs. the 2013... If my eyes were closed, I would assume it was a completely different car I was driving and not just one model year newer of the same car. The springs, sway bars, and I presume the struts are updated, and it is significant. I think the automotive reviewers actually need to re-do all of their reviews on this car, because there are significant improvements for 2014.

As far as the "rev hang," it's hard for me to say, because I never really had an issue with that on the '13. I also haven't driven my '14 hard yet, as I only have 250 miles on it.

I'll add that I also love the 18's. I was extremely skeptical of these as well, but in person they really set the car off and give it a great stance. The negative I would say is the extra weight and drag, and the fatter tread seems to give the car some torque steer that wasn't there with the skinnier tires. I guess there's always a trade-off, and there aren't many narrow 18's available.

Here's my 2014 Si sedan:

silversi1.jpg

silversi2.jpg

hi im new to all this but i just got a black 2014 si and wanted to mod it out a bit.
hoping to make new friends to teach me what i need to do to get the most out of my si.
thanks

Whats up everyone, new here as well. I just picked up my Modern Steel Metallic 14 Sedan. Loving it so far.

Thats my blue jeep in the background that I traded in. Well... glad to be here.

Alabaster Silver Coupe. Picked it up two weeks ago. Compared to the S2000, the steering is a bit vague and the shifts are about 3 miles from gear to gear, but overall, a very nice drivers car.
Once the short shifter is installed, the 3 mile gear shifts should be gone and a set of coilovers will get rid of the 4x4 look.

Back