Any 2014 Si owners out there yet?

Great weather. Took the Si out to a local vineyard yesterday. Tremendous way to spend an afternoon. Looking out over a vineyard from a breezy porch and drinking a bit of wine that costs $70 a bottle but only $8 a glass. What could be nicer?

IMG_20140422_091925.jpg IMG_20140422_092003.jpg IMG_20140422_094958.jpg IMG_20140422_095014.jpg IMG_20140422_095036.jpg IMG_20140422_101021.jpg Hey All, new here but have had my black 2014 si sedan since mid March and simply put, I love this car! My first si, so really can't say what the others are like. I do know this, this car is very quick. Keeping it in the 3 to 4 range while cruising enables you to drop it down a gear hit vtec and gone you are. I love the way it sounds when you downshift, the seats look great, and the only complaint I have about the start button is that it is to close to the emergency button (feel like an idiot hitting it and sitting there wondering why the car won't start). Anyway look forward to spending time here.

On Sunday I drove around the lot at my local Honda dealer. Came across a 2014 CBP sedan. I really liked it. I liked the start button, I guess it works with a proximity key? Nice rear and right side cameras? The red inserts are a not-so-red red, but nice color red at that, especially on this color car. Even the rims look better in person. Overall, I was really impressed. And I have a '12 CBP sedan.

The single most important aspect of this car to me is that it does NOT have the hideous double-goiter bumpers that the coupe suffers. There was a non Si coupe nearby and the front was really horrid IMO.

My wife got her first honda. She wanted the si.
BqQU1iQCEAAQ-vL.jpg

I get to drive for work for now to save gas from the Expedition we have. Little disappointed by "premium" sound system, though very satisfied with everything else. Never had a Honda, so not much to compare too. Guy at work drives 13 black si sedan. Looks very much the same outside.

Had it at best buy and getting gas. Came out of Best Buy to young couple taking pictures of/with it. Guy at gas station commented to. Not sure if i should let my wife loose with it now.

Last edited:
Just picked my 2014 in Az. It's my 3rd Si...my '06 grey 2dr coupe was wrecked by my ex-bf, 2nd '10 red 4dr sedan I was rear ended at 50mph (I haven't had it for more than 3-4 months) and finally.....I waited for the new redesign and I love it!!! The sound system is a little disappointing but my friend owns an audio business and hookin' me up. Love the iPhone intergraded system and better gas mileage. It's a lot more solid through twists and turns w/ a bit more torque. It's so easy to speed in and not realize it. Doing a couple mods but not doing to many yet. Hope that helps!!

My 2014 Rally Red 4dr SI

2uru2y4e.jpg

Last edited:
I have to admit the sound system is not that terrible. In my previous Civic EX L, I had Rockford Fosgate which were excellent subwoofers however, the new Civic Si has this in subwoofers do not blow my ears. I think the Civic Si is perfect the way it is stock. But then again every person has their own preference on how their car is going to be like. I'm glad you like your new SI and I have the same 2014 model in black.

I think I fixed the problem. I was letting go of the clutch to quickly even from 2-3 and 3-4, etc. Now my shifts are a a lot smoother but once in a while I still have that crunch in the gearbox but no grinding

I am pressing the clutch all the way in. I think I I let go of the clutch to quickly and the car jerks when upshifting. I watched some YouTube videos and saw one either on 9thcivic or 8thcivic of a guy who posted a video when shifting. That helped a lot. And no I'm not shifting without pressing the clutch... I'm not sure what the correct term is... Disengaging? Thanks guys I'm new to this but I got this!

Just picked up mine today ... been waiting for it since Friday. they didn't have any in florida :-( ... according to the dealer we have the first red 2014 civic SI w/ Navi in florida.. lol..

the black one pictured was the 2012 I traded in... sucked a little because I was a bit upside down on the car.. but they gave me 17.2k for it (owed 19.5k still) and I got the red one....10500277_10152515647904222_1713128902551192459_n.jpg IMG_20140624_201313.jpg 10494865_10152522873989222_8173777015310923329_n.jpg 10410802_10152522821929222_715820521447592445_n.jpg 10409360_10152522877864222_5505799084932197594_n.jpg

I don't know if anyone would agree, but I think the sound system in my 2012 hit harder than my 2014. That's really the only thing that I think isn't better. Yeah yeah I know people will say the looks aren't better, but it's grown on me.

I am holding out a week or so for the possibility of an orange sedan to come into my local dealership! There is one that i test drove but it already has 135miles on her :( I would prefer to get one with under 50ish when i buy. I am also looking at that blue and the fall back white as options! can not wait!

Completely new to the site, just got my coupe in May. Hope it's alright if i ask this here rather than the bolt-on section: Do the previous aftermarket exhausts (say that fit the '13s for instance) fit on this car? Or do we have to wait for companies to make new ones because of this models "revised exhaust system"? Again first new car and just got into the car scene, hope it's not a stupid question. Thanks.

Completely new to the site, just got my coupe in May. Hope it's alright if i ask this here rather than the bolt-on section: Do the previous aftermarket exhausts (say that fit the '13s for instance) fit on this car? Or do we have to wait for companies to make new ones because of this models "revised exhaust system"? Again first new car and just got into the car scene, hope it's not a stupid question. Thanks.
The '13 exhaust will fit on the '14 as long as you're changing to the same body style (that is, sedan to sedan or coupe to coupe).

I feel the stock exhaust has a sweet sound in my and it's not too loud. I used to have a loud exhaust when I was in high school 12 years go, but now I'm more into a sporty feel and have an exhaust just slightly noticeable but that is just my opinion and everyone has different taste. :)

I feel the stock exhaust has a sweet sound in my and it's not too loud. I used to have a loud exhaust when I was in high school 12 years go, but now I'm more into a sporty feel and have an exhaust just slightly noticeable but that is just my opinion and everyone has different taste. :)
I've been out of high school for a number of years...hmm, come to think about it, i've been out of university a number of years as well and I have a Mugen header and cat-back exhaust on my S2000 and a GReddy Evo3 on my Si. Neither are THAT loud but certainly can be at WOT. I agree, a chacun son gout.

Back