Any one else staying stock?

Donald Ashe

I purchased my new 2013 black sedan Si two months ago and have really enjoyed the car. I understand why some people want to "personalize" their car but so far I am pleased with how the car looks (that's why I got it in the first place) and how it handles. I don't see great gains in the CAI nor most of the exhaust mods. Is anyone else keeping their Si's stock? I must say though, I was really impressed with the gains from the turbo's and the superchargers.

I know but I like the car as it is and I am afraid that I will bugger up a good thing. If I were do performance mods, I would only get myself into trouble. Really great ideas on keeping the car good looking.

I was feeling the same way, but I really wanted to get rid of the rev hang so I bought flash pro. I then discovered that the hondata map for the 2013 ran very rich and needed work. Because of this I paid for a Vit tune. Now I am considering a down pipe to open things up a bit more.

Before all of this I had a short throw shifter, base/cable bushings, boomba mounts, and progress rear sway bar. All of those could easily be removed and returned to stock.

I was thinking about a prl or skunk 2 cai, but I don't really want to move my engine components around that much for minimal gains. I like the sound of the AEM intake so I might do that drop-in.

Bottom line....Flash pro fans the mods fire inside. The car responds well to minor updates and it is fun to drive and upgrade.

The only CAI you should get is a PRL since VITviper (the tuning expert here) has said its the only one to show true gains. Also with exhaust mods, downpipe, anything of that nature you really have to have flashpro to get what you want out of it. I have an invidia exhaust now, and I didn't see much gain just running rich. Which is why tune, is probably the first mod I should've done.

But wanting to stay stock lasted a few months for me, then I wanted JDM emblems. After that I wanted exhaust. Then I wanted to dip my wheels. Paint the engine cover...it's all downhill from here haha but if stock is what your wanting do it! Everyone has different tastes for their vehicles. (Btw I love the black fb6)

@Donald Ashe - Glad you like the car! They are pretty good stock. But.....You can always just do some very minor upgrades to an OEM+ level. Just tweak a couple small things to improve the car. Areas where Honda sort of "detuned" things for the average buyer. Best example is the rear sway bar. It's an easy upgrade and picking up a larger one for the rear will improve the feel and handling of the car tremendously. For less than $200 and an install you can do yourself in the driveway, it's easily one of the best bang for the buck changes you can make. Most people who do it say how much better the car feels after and that this is how the car should have come from the factory.

I am pretty much stock. I only do upgrades and mods if I think it looks factory. I also have added Honda accessories such as the HFP wheels, body kit, floor mats, etc.... But I understand where you are coming from.

I added the full race catted downpipe yesterday with my stock exhaust. Very noticeable difference with a Vit tune. The rumble is a tad deeper, but not louder. Car looks stock, and has the added power! :)

I am pretty much stock, the only things that i have changed is to H.I.D top and bottom, the EZ Lip, Mugen visors and LED lights inside and out.
Def looking to do the Eibach sway bars front and back and maybe Eibach sportline springs or skunk2 springs not sure about the springs yet thou. The Fb6 tend to fish tail at high speeds while switching lanes which i hate.

Attachments

• Rosie.jpg
    Rosie.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 45
I'm stock except for H&R springs and camber kit. I have an HFP edition also. Extensively Modding this car is not worth the $$ to me. Especially since I have my Hatch already. The only other mod I'm thinking about doing is to upgrade the rear sway to the 20mm off of the 2014 Si. Most people mod their car before being able to drive it to it's full capability in stock form. I'm satisfied with the cars performance for a daily driver as is.

I enjoy the car for the most part as is. I may make changes as time goes on. I have had since the first of February and only have 1,800 on it. I need to take time to drive it more.

Reactions: Nix
I am pretty much stock, the only things that i have changed is to H.I.D top and bottom, the EZ Lip, Mugen visors and LED lights inside and out.
Def looking to do the Eibach sway bars front and back and maybe Eibach sportline springs or skunk2 springs not sure about the springs yet thou. The Fb6 tend to fish tail at high speeds while switching lanes which i hate.

A front sway bar is unnecessary. Just replace the rear with a 22 or 24mm.

I'm stock except the 22mm RSB and the HFP suspension going on.

A larger RSB isn't much of a mod because that was the first thing Honda changed in 2013. (And the HFP is stock, right?) But overall i'm wondering whether the mods are worth it... even with a mere 200HP those pesky red lights in my rear view mirror are no more than 12 seconds away. Should i spend a few thousand to see them in 10 seconds?

I have been stock for about a year now. I sometimes feel like modifying it but every time I drive it I just fall in love with it over again.

Once I start autocrossing more I might do some suspension mods and rims/tires. But that won't be until I burn through the tires.

I am like you, I enjoy the car stock. How it looks and how it drives. I like keeping it buffed up and looking good.

Back