Any one else staying stock?

I would still call mine stock but I did a drop in K&N air filter, Magnaflow exhaust, Megan street series coilover, Mugen rims.

My plan is to stay stock or just add a cat-back. However, the stock exhaust on the '14 sounds pretty good and is actually a good compromise for noise and highway travel.... so we'll see. I've never had a performance-oriented car that I kept stock, so we'll see....

Other than a GReddy Evo 3 catback, Tein coilovers (or springs), and wheels, the car is going to stay (relatively) stock.

I bought a 2013 Si sedan with navigation when I needed a car in a hurry. I didn't give the purchase much thought because a rust issue on my 9 year old BMW compelled me to get rid of it (and I was pressed for time with some international business travel and a vehicle inspection coming due - I wasn't about to dump $2.5k into tires and brakes on a car that I was getting rid of).

Anyway - the consequence of my "rush" to get a car was that I didn't look over the feature list very carefully. I think the Si is a great value (and I actually really like being back in cloth seats). However, the lack of a washer fluid "low level" light drove me nuts! This combined with a small ~2.5L tank to really annoy me on a regular basis.

I use a ton of washer fluid, so 2.5L without an indicator light meant that (1) I'd often run out of fluid, (2) I'd run out without an advance warning, and (3) when I'd stop at a gas station to get a new jug I could put about half of it in my tank. I'd either give away the other half or deal with having it roll around my car (which was actually kind of funny because a number of females thought I was trying to flirt - I'm married, but maybe something for the single guys to think about).

A bit of internet research showed that the Canadian spec washer fluid tank was 4.5L (so I still lack an indicator light, but that's not a big deal as I can now dump a whole gallon into the tank when I run out or top up on a semi-regular basis with some fluid I keep in my garage).
- The tank was $36 shipped to PA from torontohonda.com ($21 for the part + $15 for shipping to the US).
- The part number is 76841-TR3-C01 according to my receipt.
- The tank uses all the same mounting points as the original smaller tank.
- The parts catalog shows that the tube differs by something like 10mm depending on the tank installed (there's enough slack in the installation that there's no need to adjust).
- I was able to replace it by turning the steering wheel and pulling back the liner (I broke a few clips in the process, so add $10 to the cost). I have a pretty good compliment of tools, so others may need to jack the car and/or remove a wheel).

Life is good now. The only mod I've done and probably the only I'll ever do.

I bought a 2013 Si sedan with navigation when I needed a car in a hurry. I didn't give the purchase much thought because a rust issue on my 9 year old BMW compelled me to get rid of it (and I was pressed for time with some international business travel and a vehicle inspection coming due - I wasn't about to dump $2.5k into tires and brakes on a car that I was getting rid of).

Anyway - the consequence of my "rush" to get a car was that I didn't look over the feature list very carefully. I think the Si is a great value (and I actually really like being back in cloth seats). However, the lack of a washer fluid "low level" light drove me nuts! This combined with a small ~2.5L tank to really annoy me on a regular basis.

I use a ton of washer fluid, so 2.5L without an indicator light meant that (1) I'd often run out of fluid, (2) I'd run out without an advance warning, and (3) when I'd stop at a gas station to get a new jug I could put about half of it in my tank. I'd either give away the other half or deal with having it roll around my car (which was actually kind of funny because a number of females thought I was trying to flirt - I'm married, but maybe something for the single guys to think about).

A bit of internet research showed that the Canadian spec washer fluid tank was 4.5L (so I still lack an indicator light, but that's not a big deal as I can now dump a whole gallon into the tank when I run out or top up on a semi-regular basis with some fluid I keep in my garage).
- The tank was $36 shipped to PA from torontohonda.com ($21 for the part + $15 for shipping to the US).
- The parts catalog shows that the tube differs by something like 10mm depending on the tank installed (there's enough slack in the installation that there's no need to adjust).
- I was able to replace it by turning the steering wheel and pulling back the liner (I broke a few clips in the process, so add $10 to the cost). I have a pretty good compliment of tools, so others may need to jack the car and/or remove a wheel).

The tank size difference is quite interesting...and a bit odd. I imagine if you are ambitious, some of the electrical gurus (ahem @Pauly99to17 @ADExternal @AlienPrime) on the site could help you figure out how to wire a sensor.

Welcome to the site.

Does anyone have a model with the low windshield washer fluid light to compare? My owners manual just says that the low washer fluid light is "available on some models". I've never had mine low enough to see if I have one or not.

Does anyone have a model with the low windshield washer fluid light to compare? My owners manual just says that the low washer fluid light is "available on some models". I've never had mine low enough to see if I have one or not.
There is a spot for a notification light on the dash in the lower cluster. It is between the lights that turn on for your headlights/fogs and the trip reset dial. This is in an Si.

Its for Canadian Models.

Thanks @squiggy

OP: All your research is correct as the US model falls behind in size and washer fluid sensor. Since all iMids are built the same (model number) its only a matter of finding the correct input like how the LX didnt have a temp gauge and several installed the sensor from other models and succeeded. In your case, my theory would be there is a spot on the 4.5l washer container you order already that enables you to install a sensor as well. If I was working on this project, my next move would to verify with someone in canada the type of sensor that the washer fluid uses ie pressure, magnetic, or flow/pump sensor. On the side note, Im sure only a few of us civic owners are aware of this that our washer fluid pump shuts off if there is not fluid able to be pumped.

I've filled mine once in the 2 years I've had it.. I think I had a message pop up, but am not 100% on that.

The tank size difference is quite interesting...and a bit odd. I imagine if you are ambitious, some of the electrical gurus (ahem @Pauly99to17 @ADExternal @AlienPrime) on the site could help you figure out how to wire a sensor.

Welcome to the site.

Thanks for the welcome.

I should add a couple other things:
  • I considered adding the low fluid level sensor (despite the ~$100 cost) after adding the tank. Unfortunately, I came across some info on the net suggesting that the Si gauge cluster didn't have an LED in place behind the low fluid level "lens" (though you can see the icon when the sun shines directly onto the cluster)! I wasn't about to disassemble the gauge cluster and solder in an LED just for this purpose (mainly due to the stigma of "yeah I hacked up my gauge cluster" and not because soldering in an LED is a particularly difficult task).

• The Canadian washer fluid tank had holes for both the pump and the low fluid level sensor. I toyed around with a couple ideas for plugging the sensor hole, but ultimately settled on using one of these.
    I can't remember what size I used, but the rubber portion of the plug (with a little bit of coaxing) fit completely into the tank before expansion. This was nice because the metal "face" of the plug sits flush against the tank exterior and the rubber plug squeezes against the interior face of the reservoir (without leaking). I assume this stresses the tank less than a situation where the tapered rubber plug is half inserted into the hole and is then (effectively) expanded when the wing nut is tightened.
Its for Canadian Models.

Thanks @squiggy

OP: All your research is correct as the US model falls behind in size and washer fluid sensor. Since all iMids are built the same (model number) its only a matter of finding the correct input like how the LX didnt have a temp gauge and several installed the sensor from other models and succeeded. In your case, my theory would be there is a spot on the 4.5l washer container you order already that enables you to install a sensor as well. If I was working on this project, my next move would to verify with someone in canada the type of sensor that the washer fluid uses ie pressure, magnetic, or flow/pump sensor. On the side note, Im sure only a few of us civic owners are aware of this that our washer fluid pump shuts off if there is not fluid able to be pumped.

That would be a cool project to check out. I would caution someone looking to try it to first verify if an LED exists behind the low washer fluid icon/lens on the gauge cluster. I remember being shocked that the Si cluster didn't have the LED (even realizing that it didn't have the level sensor). I can't remember where I saw/read this (or it it was relevant to our model generation). I just remember being shocked that it made economic sense for Honda to produce one circuit board with and one without the LED.

Thanks for the welcome.

I should add a couple other things:
  • I considered adding the low fluid level sensor (despite the ~$100 cost) after adding the tank. Unfortunately, I came across some info on the net suggesting that the Si gauge cluster didn't have an LED in place behind the low fluid level "lens" (though you can see the icon when the sun shines directly onto the cluster)! I wasn't about to disassemble the gauge cluster and solder in an LED just for this purpose (mainly due to the stigma of "yeah I hacked up my gauge cluster" and not because soldering in an LED is a particularly difficult task).

• The Canadian washer fluid tank had holes for both the pump and the low fluid level sensor. I toyed around with a couple ideas for plugging the sensor hole, but ultimately settled on using one of these.
    I can't remember what size I used, but the rubber portion of the plug (with a little bit of coaxing) fit completely into the tank before expansion. This was nice because the metal "face" of the plug sits flush against the tank exterior and the rubber plug squeezes against the interior face of the reservoir (without leaking). I assume this stresses the tank less than a situation where the tapered rubber plug is half inserted into the hole and is then (effectively) expanded when the wing nut is tightened.

That would be a cool project to check out. I would caution someone looking to try it to first verify if an LED exists behind the low washer fluid icon/lens on the gauge cluster. I remember being shocked that the Si cluster didn't have the LED (even realizing that it didn't have the level sensor). I can't remember where I saw/read this (or it it was relevant to our model generation). I just remember being shocked that it made economic sense for Honda to produce one circuit board with and one without the LED.

There isnt any level LED for any models. Its on the indication is on the iMid

I wonder who at Honda decides what will be different in Canadian models vs. US models?
The different washer fluid bottle size and having a low fluid sensor or not doesn't make sense to me.
I have to agree with you @Wader82. Not being able to use the whole bottle of washer fluid when the tank is empty would drive me crazy also. Lucky for me I have the Canadian model with the larger tank and the low fluid level sensor. I'm assuming Canadians get the larger tank because of the lovely winter weather we experience.

Back