Anyone Here "Refresh" or Restore Their Rims?

What is that? That u put the tpms sensors inside?
Yeah. You wrap them in bubble wrp, put them inside and inflate to 30-35lb. Keep it in the car, trunk, wherever, and it keeps the system happy. In the Si you don't lose abillity to turn traction control etc. off.

Yeah. You wrap them in bubble wrp, put them inside and inflate to 30-35lb. Keep it in the car, trunk, wherever, and it keeps the system happy. In the Si you don't lose abillity to turn traction control etc. off.
So it really works? I've heard of it but never knew that it would work! I need to do this because of my rims.

So it really works? I've heard of it but never knew that it would work! I need to do this because of my rims.
I have not used this yet, so I don't know first hand. Many forums refer to these. Just google TPMS pvc trick. Apparently it works well. Obviously, you will find out about a flat the old-fashioned way if you do this mod.

Buying spacers today. Thanks again for link!
I will assume that you used Loctite then just crank the bolts to the max.

Buying spacers today. Thanks again for link!
I will assume that you used Loctite then just crank the bolts to the max.
I did not use loctite. I torqued the bolts to 80lb/ft on both the spacers and the wheels. Now that one week has gone by, tomorrow I'll take all the wheels off and check/retorque the spacer bolts as needed. That's how thevietkid33 did it on his car. Can't wait to see yours!

Last edited:
The tpms sensors from honda have to be in motion according to articles. Some users tried this on previous hondas and it didn't work for them to purely be under pressure. They have to be in motion to activate. If they aren't rotating, they supposedly won't submit the psi to the sensor,.... and then the imid error will pop up because it's not getting a reading.

The tpms sensors from honda have to be in motion according to articles. Some users tried this on previous hondas and it didn't work for them to purely be under pressure. They have to be in motion to activate. If they aren't rotating, they supposedly won't submit the psi to the sensor,.... and then the imid error will pop up because it's not getting a reading.
That would make sense from a battery-saving standpoint - they have a battery in each one.

Not sure if it's across the board, but a friend of mine who is a tech at Honda said the new Accords do it based on the rotation of the tire, the same way MBZ does it. If the amount of time it takes for the tire to rotate is off, then it will sense that there is a drop in pressure.

:sadbanana:

Back