anyone just feel that earthquake???

YES! @_@

plates-of-the-world.gif

It doesn't make any sense. Look at this picture.

• Staff
virginia.png

it was west of richmond - about 5.9 quake... people in ohio, penn, wv, ky, ny etc all felt it

• Staff
twitter is crashing... wonder how many people are trying to tweet about it

After I felt the earth shake, I went on google right away and searched "recent earthquakes". I was surprised when it showed that Virginia had a 5.8 "2min ago".

Please be advised a 5.8 earthquake occurred in Virginia and the NJ/NY area received an aftershock.

JCPD personnel are being dispatched throughout the area as well as NJ Transit and NY/NJ Port Authority. Please be patient while all agencies conduct structural security. Please expect mass transit delays and traffic delays in the area.

I thought I was losing my mind. Felt it here in Southern, Ohio. Was watching the Little League World Series that is in PA and their camera's started shacking, then I felt like I was moving while sitting inside. Thought a truck went by or a jet flew over low, but didn't hear anything. Came back inside and the announcers said there are reports of an earthquake in Virginia. Crazy!!!!

THe funniest thing is that it hit here in VA and NJ and PA are all freaked out by it. :facepalm:

Granted, I know as a geo student that based on soil composition and bedrock type, an area farther away from the epicenter might feel more of the affects thatn a place local to it BUT that being said, Jersey needs to calm the hell down. They can't afford anymore drama after the past weeks rains.

Have you ever heard of the Ramapo Fault Line? I can't wait for that one.

Back