anyone just feel that earthquake???

The cone of shame made his senses sharper, lol

The receptionist at our work said the blinds moved a bit but I don't recall anything. My roommate said his building in Uptown Charlotte moved a bit.

Aww poor dog. Pretty nice having a video camera setup just to watch the dog :giggle:

129035965827414548.jpg

Supposedly, people in Toronto and Maine felt it. WTF wish I felt it...but I've been unsteady on my feet as it is..maybe that's why :rotfl:

New York City earthquake inspires at least one 'I survived the quake' tattoo

alg_jonathan-berg-quake-tattoo.jpg

21-year-old Jonathan Berg memorialized Tuesday's miniquake with a tat Wednesday. "I told my wife I'm going to get it, and she called me crazy," Berg said.

Customers of a Brooklyn tattoo shop are signing up to have "Survived the Quake" inked on their skin - even though the design was offered as a joke.

Getting the black logo will hurt more than Tuesday's tremor, which did little more in New York than rattle some nerves.

In fact, tattoo shop owner Joe Khay was mocking all the amped-up angst about the quake when he made the design.

"My whole shop was swaying back and forth," said Khay, who owns Citizen Ink Studios in Sheepshead Bay. "We thought we were hung over or something.

"So then we check Facebook to find out what's going on. Within 10 minutes, it went from 'There was an earthquake' to 'Oh, my God, we're evacuating the country!'"

It took Khay, 25, about five minutes to sketch the design with a fine-tipped marker and post it on Facebook.

Within a few hours, a regular customer called up asking for the $30 skin art.

Jonathan Berg, 21, had it inscribed on his waist.

"It was just that people were freaking out," said Berg, a Brenman's Prime Meat Market employee who was sitting at home watching the YES Network when New York swayed.

"It was just a minor thing, and people were making it into a serious subject. I thought that was pretty hilarious," said the Gerritsen Beach man, who has 14 other tattoos.

"I told my wife I'm going to get it, and she called me crazy," Berg said.

Khay wasn't the only person in the country to turn the quake into commerce. Commemorative T-shirts popped up on the Internet within hours.

Of course, the buyers can take those off.

Although Berg was the first taker at Citizen Ink, three other people have asked for the quake tat, which was first reported by the blog Sheepshead Bites.

"It's not the weirdest thing I have tattooed on people," Khay said with a grin. "I just thought it would be a good laugh."

Article from: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local...iquake_ink_artist_finds_at_least_1_taker.html

Personally, I am tired of the New Jersians and New Yorkers acting all self important about it, even if it is somewhat expected of them. (I'm a New Jersian in VA so yeah, I can say that. Whatayagonnadiaboutit? Nuttin). So they felt it. Big whooping deal. Did those areas sustain any damage? No. But NoVa did so NJ and NY need to go back to feeling special because of Jersey Shore.

Ridiculous. Now Japan needs to send someone to shake this guys hand

virginia.png

it was west of richmond - about 5.9 quake... people in ohio, penn, wv, ky, ny etc all felt it

Way to leave out Maryland ya ***! :mad: Ohio? Who the hell cares about them?!! Maryland is closer than PA and NY on your list and you forget about us! WTF brah?! :(

But I felt it. I was at work on the 2nd Floor of the Old Courthouse and it didn't phase me but I felt it. I knew what it was as soon as it happened.

:( sorry. Someone from ohio called me and said they felt it. :sadwavey:

Well Maryland is a given and doesn't need any mentioning. :giggle:

Back