Auto A/C in Si...possible?

image.jpg image.jpg Did anybody had luck with this retrofit, I just bought my 2015 civic SI that's one of the only things I don't like about it. I already ordered one automatic control from eBay for a 2014 EX, I know it's not going to be plug-and-play but is there someone that actually done this.

This is the sensor that we are missing, HUMIDITY SENSOR ASSEMBLY. But where is connected to????

http://www.hondapartsoverstock.com/showAssembly.aspx?ukey_product=50835834&ukey_assembly=6210432

TS84B6100B.jpg

Anyone????? I will like to have this working on my Si like our friend in Canada, not interested on the AUTO function just like to have the digital display with the temp. :) Any Ideas??????

BUMP..............

Based on how the 8thgen swap worked out, the swap will be particularly challenging because the hybrid uses an electric ac compressor and a few other unique parts that communicate differently than the standard civic hvac components.

The only reason someone was able to get the swap to work on an 8th gen was because he purchased the equivalent parts from a CSX, which uses more of the standard parts, but its still far from a simple rewire job.

You'll probably have to get data from honda through their paid subscription service.
https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/logon.asp

unless you have a connection through a dealership who can pull the wiring diagram stuff
Did you pull the wiring info?

I am looking at that parts picture for that SENSOR ASSEMBLY and then looking at the photo of the back of the controls in the post before it...

It looks to me like that piece on the right side with the tube inlet and the plug above it IS the HUMIDITY SENSOR ASSEMBLY. So you should not need to buy a separate sensor, its right there.

But what it looks like you need to find out what plugs into the 4 prong plug above the tube inlet.

Short answer to this is yes, the digital climate control can be made to work. But the AUTO part is not possible without some serious rewiring, besides the humidity sensor.
The auto function needs access to the outside temperature sensor and sunlight sensor on the dash. Both of which use a "polling" method of reading the sensor data. So a simple wire tap will not work.
A "simple crossover" harness is all that is needed to make the digital part work. Or you could re-pin the factory harness to make it work as well....DIY coming this weekend...

Do you have that DIY? It didn't work when I plugged it in. Fan speed was constant and wasn't adjustable. No way to turn the fan off either

Thats it, is there someone that at least try this retrofit??? I did install thr automatic A/C control from an EX-L on my Si and it was kind of working. The back connector is identical with just one exra sensor that my Si dont have on the harness. I dont need the automatic part to work just the normal A/C control with the digital LCD part. The LCD comes on and the ilumination works with the lights swithc, something on the pins from the harness needs to be swap.

Thats it, is there someone that at least try this retrofit??? I did install thr automatic A/C control from an EX-L on my Si and it was kind of working. The back connector is identical with just one exra sensor that my Si dont have on the harness. I dont need the automatic part to work just the normal A/C control with the digital LCD part. The LCD comes on and the ilumination works with the lights swithc, something on the pins from the harness needs to be swap.
http://9thcivic.com/forum/conversations/add?to=iShift_6
Send him a message. He hasn’t been on in a few months. That will give him an email alert.

Didn't realize there was still this much interest in this mod. I can't post any pics or vids of it actually working, as I have since sold the car and didn't take any while it was installed.
I did pull the unit before selling the car, so I will try to get a pic or two of the harness I made as it's still here in my apartment. If I can find the pin-out diagram I will post that as well.

Thanks to @Jaybe for getting me to response to all this.

Gonna be attempting this swap soon since the module is question is included with the head unit I'm purchasing. This is going in my '14 LX Coupe, hopefully it won't require too much retrofitting. Anything too major and I'll probably just stick with the AC controls I have now and sell the digital one. Screenshot_2018-03-11-01-11-13.jpg

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

I just received the controller today, it has power and all the buttons worked and some functions on the AC works.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rw6LdeBUFDU&feature=youtu.be

Dont feel bad, I did this today in my 2014 civic lx and had literally the exact same problem as you. It gets power and the display is nice, but 0 control over the controls. I even looked to see if there was a missing fuse or relay because the motor sounded like it was lacking power. So dumb it cant be a plug and play feature.

This is interesting. For those that have attempted this and have been successful, I'd be interested to know what parts were needed and the basics of what had to be changed to make it work. I have DCC is my other cars and would like to have that in my '12 Si too (once you get used to it, you sort of get spoiled by it).

Back